Kinect launches on November 10 “across Europe”

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
kinext.jpg

And we have lift off. Microsoft’s kicked off gamescom’s press conference day by announcing a November 10 European release date for Kinect.

The announcement of the motion camera’s European launch comes as no shock, and is thought to be Microsoft’s main spill for its “Play Day” event in Cologne later today.

Kinect launches on November 4 in the US, as announced at E3.

There was a little confusion over the date this morning. While Microsoft’s press release stated Kinect will launch on November 10 in Britain, an included Chris Lewis quote said the peripheral will appear on November 17.

Microsoft has now confirmed to VG247 that the Lewis quote date is in fact a typo, and Kinect will release “across Europe” on November 10.

“We are bringing the Kinect experience to Europe for the first time at gamescom because this is the biggest show in the region and we’re committed to investing in Europe and the critical role it plays in Xbox’s global success,” said the European Xbox boss.

“With Kinect launching on November 10, it’s set to not only transform our business but also change how we use entertainment.

“With Kinect, YOU become the controller, giving you the choice in how you and your friends navigate entertainment and gaming experiences. We’re already seeing a high level of anticipation in Europe with sales of the Kinect ready Xbox 360 250GB creating an all-time record weekly market share.”

inb4ps3fanboyssayingthatthiswillflopandthatmoveisbetter

I hope it will actually work as they said earlier on :/
Now the only thing it needs is a good game which can truly show that it can work. You shouldn't think it will only work with full body motion. It could also work with a controller and you doing gesutres wtih your hands which could result into a squad command, or you throwing a grenade etc

Personally I think that sitting on your ass with a mouse and a keyboard is the best way to game. I have no interest in getting up and moving around when I play xD

GPow69 said:
Personally I think that sitting on your ass with a mouse and a keyboard is the best way to game. I have no interest in getting up and moving around when I play xD
Me neither, though I bet you sometimes tried to look around a corner by going to the left or right xD
That could be possible with Kinect (with a webcam as well actually XD)

Back
Top Bottom