[JB-TUT]How to get themes on your iPhone/iPodTouch + How to install them from PC

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
[JB-TUT]How to get themes on your iPhone/iPodTouch + How to install them from PC

Hello there, here's another tutorial.

This one is in 2 parts, and it's covering how to get themes for your iPhone or iPod Touch, showing how to install them from either

your PC or straight from your device.

Here's some previews of themes to get you excited:

img_0010_l3s.png

previewbg1_1If.jpg

iphone_3o2.png

First

You will need the application that lets you install, manage and use themes. This is called Winterboard and can be downloaded

from Cydia.
Just go to your Cydia Search and type in (Without quotes) "Winterboard" then scroll to the "W" section and download the

application. The icon will look like this:
winterboard-icon.png

Part One - Installing Themes Straight From Device

Okay, so after you have Winterboard installed, you can let your device reboot or respring, and now you will have winterboard. To

get themes directly from your device, go back into Cydia and search for theme keywords that intrest you, and install them the

same way you did with winterboard (Tap install)

The theme will download, and once it's done you can go into the winterboard application and apply the theme by tapping on it.

this is pretty straightforward, so I won't include screenshots or anything.

Part Two - Installing Themes From PC

If you want to browse themes a bit more clearly and quickly, you can use this alternate method and download/install themes through your PC using i-FunBox SSH Client.

Step 1:
Either browse the winterboard themes on This Site or some other winterboard themes site. Find one you like, and download it to your computer.

Step 2:
Plug in your iPod/iPhone and have i-FunBox open. In i-FunBox browse to the directory:
Raw File System > Library > Themes.

2ilqxg.jpg

Step 3:
After you are there, go back to where you downloaded the theme to. It will most likely be in a .zip or a .rar, so just extract it to whereever. The folder that gets extracted should have .theme on the end of the name, if it doesn't then just add it.

Step 4:
Drag the [theme name].theme you just extracted into the themes folder on your device inside i-FunBox. The theme will be transfered, and once you safe remove your device it will show up in winterboard.

Cheers! Post any problems you have here, and I'll try and help (Or someone else might help)

Back
Top Bottom