[JB] How to Customize Apps

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
Here's a tutorial on how to customize almost any application using an Image Editor and i-FunBox!

This is a really cool thing. I've customized one or two apps so far, and I'll do a new one for the sake of this tutorial (Papertoss).

Here's an example of the one I've done already

Game: PapiJump

Before:
PapiJump_1.jpg

After (MY VERSION :evileyes:):
2ijlsv7.jpg

SO, Here's how its done!

First things first: Requirements
- Jailbreak your device (Click here for a tutorial on OS 3.1.2)
- Get i-FunBox
- Get an app to customize (You could simply use a free app from the appstore for learning)

Step 1:
Plug in your iPod and open i-FunBox, from there you can follow this path to the mobile applications folder:
Raw File System > User > Applications
It will look like this:

e7dpnr.jpg

Step 2:

Pick an application you would like to customize. The random named folders there are all the apps, and you can see what an app actually is by looking inside there for the apps name (Unfortunatley this IS the only way I know of to see what it is), like this:

6jgair.jpg

Step 3:

When you pick the app you want, open the [AppName].app folder, then open folders inside until you get a bunch of images.

2yziohl.jpg

Highlight the image(s) you'd like to modify, and simply drag them out of the program to where you want, or "Copy To PC" at the top. I'll be editing the easy level in this tutorial.

Step 4: Edit the images how you want (Make sure to backup originals before you start!), and save them with the same name and format (Make sure it's not the same directory as your backup so it doesn't overwrite)

Step 5: Now to get the customized image on your device, simply drag the new image into the application's folder inside i-FunBox, or click "Copy from PC" at the top. The image will automatically be overwritten and therefore it should work.

Now you're done! Click "Device Safe Removal" near the bottom of i-FunBox to make sure it gets safely removed, then go to the app and see if it worked!

My Result (I've changed a few things, the guy behind the wall, the bluescreen, the "DON'T MISS" and my name above the whiteboard:

28u4br5.jpg

So! Theres how you can customize the images of an app! Hope this works fine for you (It should)!

Have Fun :)

This is EPIC, can't wait to shop some people I know into the DoodleJump monsters :3

Really GP, I had to bump this to thank you again..

This is real fun doing and messing around with :biggrin:

Thanks !

No problem! I'm hoping to post some more tutorials in a bit, Dunno what to do them on yet though :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom