[JB] | Best iPhone/iPod Touch SSH Client - Fast and Free

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
[JB] Tag reffers to the fact that you need/should have a jailbroken device for this.

The Best USB SSH Client- i-FunBox!

First off, if you don't know what SSH for iPod/iPhone is, put simply it enables "Disk Access" so you can get in all the system files and stuff of your iPod, just as you can access all the system files on your C:\ Drive. On iPod or iPhone, this isn't possible using just the windows explorer, and it is only partially possible if you haven't jailbroken your device. SSH is a great way to Customize apps, install themes, get or install backups or just mess around with the system (BE CAREFUL WHEN "MESSIN' AROUND")

So i-FunBox is a program that allows you to really get inside and get to know your device. (Wooh that sounded sexual :sir:)

There are other programs like this, such as Diskaid, but Diskaid is INSANELY slow, and it also wants you to buy it. No thanks, i-FunBox is free and much MUCH MUCH faster.

Screenshots & More Info

3_ifunbox01.jpg

i-funbox.png

ifunbox.jpg

More Info (Taken off the site)

Highlights:
Total Control of iPhone File System

Manage files on your iPhone in a way just like Windows Explorer but more robust and friendly. Easily transmit files and folders to your computer with the performance optimized file transfer. File system of firmware 2.x is now fully supported.

Hi-Speed General Purpose Storage

Use your iPhone as an USB Portable Disk for general files. Exploit the large flash memory on iPhone with transmission speed beyond 5MB/s.

Managing Music and Movie on iPhone/iPod

Download Apple iTunes© managed audio and video in iPhone or iPod to PC as a backup copy. Upload songs and movies to iPhone or iPod from PC. Supports also the iPhone 3G and lastest firmware 2.2.1.

Flexible Batch Wallpaper Uploader
Automatically convert and upload images to iPhone as wallpaper. Any image sizes are supported including photoes from professional cameras

How to get it, and get it working

Step 1: Go download it at the offical website, Click Here.

Step 2: After it's installed you'll need to download something from Cydia really quickly to make it work 100% (If you don't download this Cydia thing, the program won't recognize your device as Jailbroken and therefore wont let you into the RSF (Raw System Files)
•Open Cydia
•Go to Cydia Search
•Search "afc2add"
•Install it

Step 3: Plug in your iPod or iPhone and launch i-FunBox. You should see your device there and you should be able to get into every single folder!

Here's a screen of mine:

t68qon.jpg

NOTES:

• Do NOT fuck around in the Raw File System if you don't know what the hell you're doing. You could break your device PERPERMANENTLY.

• Double Check that you're in the right folder if you DO know what you're doing

• If you don't see a use for this program, wait a little while and I'll post some tutorials on how to use it for various things.

So yeah, hope this is useful to you, As I stated above I will be posting a couple tutorials on what to use this program for.

Enjoy :wink:

Those aren't specifically for iPod and iPhone though, and I'm pretty sure they need a wireless connection to work with iPhones and iPods (If it even works for them).

Back
Top Bottom