HTML5 <Video>

I think it should but there's a license clash real big between the major browsers like Firefox and Opera. Firefox afaik uses some sort of a real expensive H.264 technology for video tags while Opera... meh... No idea.

Well Google (being awesome as always) has the info on their .com/lol]IE[/url], well, nobody gives a flying fuck about it.

FireFox WebM enabled
Opera WebM enabled

More Info

But wait, this topic is supposed to be discussing how awesome videos are gonna be in the future because of this tag :biggrin:

Does nobody else find it amazing that somehow the video can be loaded INSTANTLY no matter how HD or how long. I truly don't understand how it's even possible.

But I saw it with my own eyes, so I believe it =D

Oh nice :biggrin:. But seems like that only some videos has HTML5 feature. I tried to watch "Everybody Needs a Ninja", but it didn't loaded right away.

Yeah for people with really slow connections or that just can't wait, they can now watch it in shitty quality and it'l load faster

Or they could just watch it in HD with HTML5 :biggrin:

GPow69 said:
Yeah, when HTML9 is out.
IE 9 Preview 3 already supports the video tag. The supported codecs are H.264 for video and MP3, AAC for audio. The final version will also support WebM.
Most of the canvas specification is already supported.
Microsoft is on a good way with IE 9, but unfortunately the release cyle of the IE finals are too long. It isn't healthy for the web progress.
After the release of IE 9 we will have to wait more than 2 years again and IE 9 is behind everything then..

IE 9 Preview 3 was released a few days ago. You can do basic browsing with it (set url).

In fact IE9 will have a much faster javascript engine and the 3rd preview already scores 83/100 in ACID3 tests compared to the 68/100 in the second preview, 55/100 in the first and 20/100 in IE8. CSS3 and SVG are fully supported along with the new HTML5 tags - video, audio and canvas.

I hope that they put a shitload of work into security as well unlike Opera with their initial 10.5 release since they now support even iframes.

I've been reading the Opera dev blogs, and their latest releases (10.60 etc) have been focusing mostly on security now

Sorry for the bump here again :tongue:
Amazing system, just wondering, how does this work exactly? And will people be able to stream full movies and such through this in the future?

Back
Top Bottom