How much time does your PC take to boot?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
From starting the 'on' button.

Now it doesn't mean that just because it boots up fast, it's a good PC.

But still, post your boot-up time here.

2uo28ph.jpg

Mine takes about 30 seconds. :)

Mave said:
Actually it does. The better your hardware the faster it starts up.

Andre said:
Mave said:

That's not true, if you have an uber PC, but you want that loads of programs instantly load, well it's gonna cost you some seconds.

Mave said:
Andre said:
Mave said:
That's not true, if you have an uber PC, but you want that loads of programs instantly load, well it's gonna cost you some seconds.
Do you think a Pentium 3 2.2GHz would do a better job at loading 10 programs than a quad core Intel Core i7 which clocks 3.4GHz time-wise? Think again, the difference is significant. Of course it will cost some extra time but we're talking about booting here, not startup program load time.

My point is that the better your hardware, the faster your booting and startup program starting time. How isn't that true?

I just tested my older computer and it was faster, and it is like three times badder that this one.

About a minute or so, And for some reason ever since I LOST some RAM, It's been faster from when it signs into my account to when I can use it without it going slowly.

About 2/3 mins or so, i should count the time sometime and update you

EDIT: 1 minute, 39 seconds, 31 miliseconds, there's also a 3 second pause when it shows which hard drives are connected, i forgot to press esc to skip that part

Back
Top Bottom