Having a Garrys mod or TF2 server? :o

RockStar248

Hey guys, I got steam :P
So, quite recently I have started to get back into playing steam games, like Garrys mod and TF2 (Team fortress 2)
And I was wondering if a TMS Gmod or TF2 server would be as popular as the minecraft server, with TF2 being a free game almost everybody can play it, given that they have a good enough machine to run it on.

Feedback is appreciated, even from you Mave :tongue:

Speaking without consulting Mave, I don't think he has the money to pay for a server for it (if that's how it works...)

I must admit though, I have recently been looking into creating my own Home Network (Homegroup, etc.) and having a server run constantly... If I get around to buying a large enough harddrive and RAM and figuring this shit out, then I'd be more than happy to host the server for free.

Is only a suggestion. Discuss.

If you can find a supply of interested people and a cheap host we can try this for a month or two.
The reason I invest in the Minecraft server is because it's fun and nice, but ALSO sometimes we get donations and they help pay for the server.
If I had to pay for all those months of hosting myself I'd be broke :tongue:

That being said, I don't think there's a way to make people 'VIP' on a TF2 server? (I don't want to sound like someone who only wants to see $$$, but I don't have any extra money to spend atm)

If you do find a free/cheap server, feel free to manage it, and I'll create the TF2 server boards :wink:

As Sovare said, it was a suggestion, but I will definatly look into cheap/free hosting, because I really think this can work (In a mind of my own :celebrate: )

Ill get back with what I find :)

Back
Top Bottom