Guide to the top 10 most actively populated MMORPGs

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
gkubYJr.jpg

Man, that description for Destiny 2 is just the tip of the iceberg.
After kicking out the invading force, you're then tasked with killing their god-emperor. After that, it's off to awaken the old god-like super AI. Next up is killing an ancient god-like wish-granting dragon. And then, you're off to the moon, when the embodiment of Evil/Death/the cause of all evil is lying in wait.

But yeah, since it went F2P, they... heavily started piling on the cosmetic microtransactions. Cosmetic stuff such as armor shaders, shells for your mini-robot companion, emotes,... Also, only the basegame is F2P. The DLC's aren't and without them, the game is nothing more but a large demo. Most of the attention is in the end-game content, which is only viable in the DLC's.

Man, that description for Destiny 2 is just the tip of the iceberg.
After kicking out the invading force, you're then tasked with killing their god-emperor. After that, it's off to awaken the old god-like super AI. Next up is killing an ancient god-like wish-granting dragon. And then, you're off to the moon, when the embodiment of Evil/Death/the cause of all evil is lying in wait.

But yeah, since it went F2P, they... heavily started piling on the cosmetic microtransactions. Cosmetic stuff such as armor shaders, shells for your mini-robot companion, emotes,... Also, only the basegame is F2P. The DLC's aren't and without them, the game is nothing more but a large demo. Most of the attention is in the end-game content, which is only viable in the DLC's.
Sounds like a really shitty business tactic.

Sounds like a really shitty business tactic.
I mean, as long as it's for cosmetics, it's fine by me... The F2P/paying DLC tactic has been around for a long time, and is also not something I'm opposed to, as long as the DLC is actually worth it (so far, they have reasonably delivered, IMO).
The main problem I have is that they trick you to keep playing by implementing a heavy FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). They call it a "living world", but what it really means is that they trickle new content every week... Every week something happens. Some weeks it's just a new cutscene, slowly unraveling the plot that seems to keep going, some weeks it's a week long event, some weeks it's a new dungeon that drops. And these are great incentives to keep playing, mind you, but I got bored by the constant "did you check in this week yet? There's new stuff!".

Back
Top Bottom