GTAI to GTAV: Blood

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
MMFVN9r.jpg

GTA I

2nQawOb.png

Sometimes when someone was running and you killed them or if their body flew back, a trail of blood would lead to their body. After a few seconds a pool of blood would appear under them.
Blood only got on the ground.
iNDNZbNxYLPTW.gif

GTA II

IQRgcsm.png

When you hit people, blood particles would fly into the air but would disappear quickly. No blood got on the ground, at least on the PC version I used.
When you shot someone blood particles came out of the person and shot in one direction close together.
ibyObHIBk4Oyqu.gif

GTA III

AsGgNeS.jpg

Blood was able to get on the ground or on some flat horizontal surfaces. It looked different than previous games and blood particles flew out of people again when you shot them.
A little puddle of blood could get on the ground. Pools of blood formed under people again.
You could make bloody footprints for a short time if you walked through blood. Decapitations were possible.
irbX99zN5VPuI.gif

GTA: Vice City

nQDx5Rf.jpg

Basically the same as in III. Decapitations were possible again.
ictopARB7TYp7.gif

GTA: San Andreas

6IqaW2d.png

Again, basically the same as in the last two games.
iipPZDNiP9tLK.gif

GTAIV

OluWoWE.jpg

The blood in IV was much more realistic than the previous games. Blood got on the screen if someone was shot close enough. It was able to splatter onto walls and cars.
There was a mist of blood mixed in with blood particles similar to previous games, though less noticeable. Pools of blood returned. No decapitations.
If you were shot a lot there would be blood on your clothes.

Y7AwwSh.jpg

If someone was shot through a windshield, there would be a hole and then blood on the inside. If you hit someone then there would be a chance of getting blood on your car.
ibumX8CJrMiUNb.gif

GTAV

RFGHmmQ.jpg

The blood in V will act the same as in IV, with splattering on walls and such.

BPANl8O.jpg

There will be enter and exit wounds.

8qwwgL0.jpg

It looks like there will be more variety in how blood looks depending on the attack.

8X1KU5F.jpg

Splatters are looking good so far.

These threads are interesting to see, not only to see the evolution that Rockstar went through (Which, in case of blood, I must say, doesn't evolve that much compared with other evolutions), but you can also say the same about other games, or just about gaming in general. It's impressive to see that games which are only 5 or 10 years old don't look completely outdated. So evolution is going in steps, it seems.

To compare, GTA SA was launched in 2004. The blood and the general graphics are comparable (better, but not a whole new level like GTA IV) with games like VC or GTA3.
Now, 2 games and 9 years later, we get a graphic-wise much more impressive game, but it's partly (again, much better, but not on a completely new level) still comparable to GTA IV, which was lauched 5 years ago. I think however, that the PS4 will cause a huge revolution in the graphics for GTAV.

Of course, I only talk graphics. GTA SA had a much bigger world than VC or 3, and had a lot more options like hairstyle, clothes, tattoos, ... I'm guessing GTA V will be the same to GTA IV. More options and editing possible in-game. I hope.

Stybar said:
These threads are interesting to see, not only to see the evolution that Rockstar went through (Which, in case of blood, I must say, doesn't evolve that much compared with other evolutions), but you can also say the same about other games, or just about gaming in general. It's impressive to see that games which are only 5 or 10 years old don't look completely outdated. So evolution is going in steps, it seems.

Exactly, it's beautiful to see.
Also I cannot wait how beautiful this will look on PC, (which will be made after the PS4 and One versions probably)

Back
Top Bottom