1jw.jpg

Re: GTA:VC 2 Announced for E3!!!

[TMS]Slayer said:
WOOT! I love Vice City! Definitely gonna be looking for it :biggrin:

Indeed, GTA VC was a very good title :3
Definitely gonna be looking for it too

Sounds awesome!

That reminds me, I should download GTA United mod.

Awesome, I would be very disappointed if this wasn't true though.

I won't just believe this as it is right now.
Faking a list like that won't be that hard tbh.

Well guys if this ISN'T true, that means it leaves an option for Rockstar to do San Andreas 2, Which I think we all agree would be possibly better than VC2 :whistling:

GPow69 said:
Well guys if this ISN'T true, that means it leaves an option for Rockstar to do San Andreas 2, Which I think we all agree would be possibly better than VC2 :whistling:

Well, maybe a redisgned VC would be cool, who knows

San Andreas better than Vice City? Never, never, never. Vice City has that sandy and glittery touch of the 80s. And history repeats itself every 30 years, so if the last game was in the 80s in VC, the styling repeats itself in the first decade of 21st century. That's what R* has hinted for and there are other rumors about the next location for the game being Vice City. That's what the "leaked" E3 press list is based on.

GTA is the game brand of decades. It is the best game franchise ever made and R* isn't going to stop with it. As they hinted in a radio interview, there isn't going to be a stop in development or time to take a break after Red Dead Redemption is released, hinting to development of L.A. Noire and the next GTA.
There are loads of speculations and game stories based on Vice City location (naming the game something like Vice City 2 or V ice), see a few: this, this, this. They are from before R* actually unleashed the Vice City 2 rumors and the game developers have said they're working more on bringing players' imagination and ideas to life in their games.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/12/25/news-new-grand-theft-auto-at-e3_3F00_.aspx said:
Jesse Divnich, director of analyst services for Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR), believes we may see a glimpse of a new Grand Theft Auto title at E3 in June.

Speaking to Game Informer, Divnich made a big prediction as to what we may see at the industry trade show in June. "I think we’re going to hear about another Grand Theft Auto. I think there won’t be any playable stuff. I think they’ll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we’re going to see another Grand Theft Auto."

We asked Divnich about whether Sony or Microsoft would try and nab some sort of exclusive rights to the newest GTA, but he thought that those days were over. "I don't foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto. Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft. Back in 2004, the Grand Theft Auto was a huge brand, but only relative to the other brands that existed at the time. While the GTA brand is certainly bigger now than it was five years ago, others have emerged to reach similar levels of success, such as Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. In other words, if Sony gets an exclusive deal on GTA V, it would do little to disrupt Microsoft's ability to move hardware, and vice versa."

For more on what Divnich and others in the industry think might happen in 2010, be sure to check out our Connect feature in the February issue (#202) entitled, "The Road Ahead: Experts & Insiders Look Ahead at 2010".

We don't know what to expect, but something has hinted the game towards Vice City for some reason. I suppose we got to wait until June 12th - 15th to see GTA V teaser on E3. I hope there will be some sort of live broadcasting this year too for the event, so I can keep up with it. Nevertheless, I would love to see a GTA in Vice City played on year 2010 with some glitter touch from the 80s themes with a map three times as big as Vice City and an awesome storyline. I love GTAs and the next one isn't going to be different.

Just one thing,
They started of with GTA I, it had 3 main cities. Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.
Then came GTA II, then GTA III --> Liberty City, then vice city came, then San Andreas came.
Now GTA IV is located in Liberty City once again, if they would follow the pattern basicly Vice city would be up next

Andre said:
Vice City has that sandy and glittery touch of the 80s.
You're damn right about that. But still I like San Andreas because it's much bigger than Vice City, also it has nice story in my opinion. And for some reason I like more the style what San Andreas have.

Both games are great, and I really hope they'll make better version of Vice City (or San Andreas :tongue:).

I'd love if vice city would have big parts of florida, including orlando and tampa, why? because miami isn't everything, there's some cool places in florida, i like downtown orlando a lot and tampa seems cool (i wasn't there, but i was close (in the kennedy space center))

Mauri said:
Andre said:
Vice City has that sandy and glittery touch of the 80s.
You're damn right about that. But still I like San Andreas because it's much bigger than Vice City, also it has nice story in my opinion. And for some reason I like more the style what San Andreas have.

Both games are great, and I really hope they'll make better version of Vice City (or San Andreas :tongue:).
It will definitely be bigger than Vice City was in like 2002. That's simply because computers nowadays are times better and can handle streaming more polygons and sprites, coding expertise has been improved notably and so on. Considering the high example that GTA IV set, I'm quite sure Vice City will notably enlarged with some surrounding areas there too. I love the Washington beach and the surrounding areas, damn!

And nobody even didn't took a moment to see that under Valve, there is:

Half Life 2: Episode Three?

Oh well, I guess nobody likes the HL2 series anymore ..

Back
Top Bottom