Google Chrome 3

Aman1238

#swag
Over a year ago, Google surprised us all by announcing its very own browser - the rather oddly named Chrome. Back then, the product was in Beta and has since then received two stable update versions. Now, on the eve of its first anniversary, Google has announced version 3 of Google Chrome.

The latest stable version of Chrome comes with quite a few feature additions. If you were on the stable channel for quite some time the addition of themes and the new start page might come across as a surprise. These features were already available in the "unstable" beta builds of version 3 that was available for download earlier. So, for those who have been used to version 3 for a while, there is nothing much to add - except that there are the bug fixes and the fact that this one is actually a stable version.

New Home/ Tab Page

The most noticeable part about Chrome 3 is the homepage. The design of the homepage has been tweaked and users can now rearrange thumbnails of most-visited websites by simple clicking and dragging gestures. Additionally, users can "pin" the thumbnails to where they are so that they are not replaced by others in due course. The homepage is also customizable now, with the user getting options to show and hide what he wants on the homepage.

Themes Support

Chrome now also supports themes and it already has quite a few interesting ones available for download. Although these are for pure cosmetic reasons, they are worth a look.

Omnibox Gets Better

So, what could they have done with the Omnibox to make it better? Give them contextual icons so that you know beforehand if the term you're looking for is a suggested site, a search result, or even a bookmark! Yes, that's what's new with the Omnibox (that's what they call the smart URL field of the Chrome)

Better HTML5 Support

The stable version of Google Chrome now supports HTML5 and will now prove to be a decent competition for Firefox 3.5, which recently added the same. HTML5 enables the browser user to natively play video encoded in the open source Ogg Theora format and Ogg Vorbis audio, which provides for manipulation and editing of video without the use of an external program.

It's Faster

You've heard this before we guess. So, according to Google, Chrome is actually faster than its previous stable version. As Google puts it, "This release comes hot on the heels of 51 developer, 21 beta and 15 stable updates and 3,505 bugfixes".

Have you tried the new Chrome yet? If you were on the stable version earlier, the update will be automatically passed on to you in due course. If you happen to be curious, you can "force" an update and try the new version. Get Chrome from here.

[TMS]Slayer said:
The stable version of Google Chrome now supports HTML5 and will now prove to be a decent competition for Firefox 3.5, which recently added the same.

But nobody mentions Opera.

HTML5 Was supported in Opera 10.00 BETA! That was earlier than FF had it, but everyone was too busy fixing their bugs with FF to notice.

ANYWAY, enough being pissed about everyone's ignorance, Chrome is a decent browser and I'm glad they're starting to step their game up.

Unfortunately I can't use Chrome very well because It uses a different process for each tab, and I have a shitty processor :sad:

GPow69 said:
[TMS]Slayer said:
The stable version of Google Chrome now supports HTML5 and will now prove to be a decent competition for Firefox 3.5, which recently added the same.

But nobody mentions Opera.

HTML5 Was supported in Opera 10.00 BETA! That was earlier than FF had it, but everyone was too busy fixing their bugs with FF to notice.

ANYWAY, enough being pissed about everyone's ignorance, Chrome is a decent browser and I'm glad they're starting to step their game up.

Unfortunately I can't use Chrome very well because It uses a different process for each tab, and I have a shitty processor :sad:

Opera 10 This is Chrome 3 :tongue:. Anyways I use what I like. And it works great :tongue:.

1. Comparing version numbers is STUPID.
2. Chrome 3 had a Beta version, too. Maybe even before, but Iam not sure. The beta of Chrome 3 was released a month after Opera 10 beta1.

Firefox. But Iam changing the browser very often. (Opera - Firefox - Opera - Chrom - some unknown browsers like k-meleon, Seamonkey, QtWeb ...)

Why do you ask?

Remis said:
GPow69 said:
Seriously, 'The fuck you guys see in FF that makes you want to use it?
What? I don't get your post and who do you mean? :unsure:
He's saying that, he doesn't see what's so cool about FF, why do you use it? And he's saying it to all FF users, you in this post xD

oh, I understand the post now.

There isn't any real reason. The reason I use FF isn't that FF is better than browser xyz. I use it because Iam pleased with Firefox. Why should I change to something although Iam already pleased with the thing I have. (Never touch a running system).
I might change if Iam not pleased with FF anymore because Iam sick of it (after a half year or earlier). Then I would switch to Opera or another browser, like I said.

Edited: Changed some stuff
to avoid misunderstandings

Remis said:
oh, I understand the post now.

There isn't any real reason. I don't use Firefox because Firefox is better than xyz. I use it because Iam pleased with Firefox. Why should I change to something although Iam already pleased with the thing I have. (Never touch a running system).
I might change if Iam not pleased with FF anymore because Iam sick of it (after a half year or earlier). Then I would switch to Opera or another browser, like I said.

Thanks for actually answering, and with an honest answer, unlike anyone else did. I Appreciate it :)

I personaly just like FF, the way it works etc.
I also use it for the huge amount of add ons

I do have Chrome on my PC, but I don't really like it.

Everyone just stick to their browsers, and don't encourage other people to switch D:

I installed it on my Virtual PC :T

^ Well I use FF on my regular one, but FF is too 'heavy' with many tabs in the virtual pc, so I chose chrome.

Mave said:
I'm going to switch to Chrome when my FF lets me down one more time.
you hurt the feelings of the firefox
2590884630_0ed428d08b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom