GCard being a whore

Austin

Basically, this is the second time my card has randomly decided to bend over and fuck itself. What happens is at some random time (first time was when I was exiting a full screen game, the second time was when I was coming out of sleep mode) my monitor will like... squished? As in, there will be black bars on both sides and the picture will be in the middle compressed. If you know what I mean...

Anyway, after I restart the computer, my monitor resolution is set to 1024x768. I look at my resolutions thingy and this is what I have:
rawxf8.png

My monitor resolution is 1600x900. This happened both times ^.

The first time, I fixed it by installing new Windows Updates. This time I tried that and nothing changed. So I reinstalled my GCard driver. Again, no difference. Any ideas? If this keeps up I'll have to switch back to my on-board.

Edit:
I was looking at dxdiag, and I noticed that it's saying my GCard card is a ATI Radeon HD 4600 series. That is to my on-board, and not to my actual GCard... Meaning I installed the wrong driver, that's probably why it never fixed it lol. I don't have the box to the card, it's my brothers old one and he's away for a while. How can I check what type of card it is?

When I restart my computer, resolution turns to 800x600 sometimes. And my monitor resolution is 1920x1080. Really annoying.

I took out the card after I posted this, used my onboard for a while, put the card back in just now and it's working perfect... Sometimes I just wanna slap technology xD.

Austin said:
I took out the card after I posted this, used my onboard for a while, put the card back in just now and it's working perfect... Sometimes I just wanna slap technology xD.
Might have been that it was not plugged in perfectly. Or there was just some dust in the way.
Could've been something else as well ofcourse

Back
Top Bottom