Galaxy S8 is not going to feature a 3.5mm headphone jack

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Galaxy S8 is not going to feature a 3.5mm headphone jack

tf2FJSK.jpg

If you were cross with Samsung for ditching removable batteries with the Galaxy S6 then you might not like what it’s going to do with the Galaxy S8. We can exclusively confirm that Samsung is going to remove the standard 3.5mm headphone jack from the Galaxy S8. This means that all of your existing headphones will not be compatible with the upcoming flagship unless you use a USB Type-C adapter as the Galaxy S8 will feature a USB Type-C port. This also means that you won’t be able to plug in the Galaxy S8 and use wired headphones at the same time.

We’ve seen Apple take this step with the iPhone 7 as well as a handful of Chinese OEMs. Apple took a lot of flak for this decision but the company says that it showed courage by making this decision to move beyond the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. We don’t know how Samsung is going to put a spin on its decision since fans are likely to lash out but there are some functional advantages to it.

Source and more: http://www.sammobile.com/2016/12/06/exclusive-galaxy-s8-is-not-going-to-feature-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/

FOUR FREAKIN MONTHS AGO:

Motorola and HTC are also dropping the 3.5mm jack.

WTF is going on man. I mean, I get that it seems like a good idea because of all the people buying an iPhone, but if you want an iOS device, you have no choice. If you want Android, there are tons of options. It just seems stupid and silly.

Stybar said:
Motorola and HTC are also dropping the 3.5mm jack.

WTF is going on man. I mean, I get that it seems like a good idea because of all the people buying an iPhone, but if you want an iOS device, you have no choice. If you want Android, there are tons of options. It just seems stupid and silly.

I have the iPhone 7+ and hate not having a 3.5jack

Then why did you get a 7+? Why not stay with a 6?

Stybar said:
Then why did you get a 7+? Why not stay with a 6?
I love the bigger size, the battery life is crazy as well.
And the only reason I can afford new phones is by selling my old one every year for 75% of the price :cool:

Back
Top Bottom