Download speed fluctuates CONSTANTLY! D=

Aman1238

#swag
Ok, so my download speed fluctuates constantly. Goes to highest then lowest then highest in a matter of 30 seconds..

Just take a look at this graph from uTorrent:

DK3Z9.png

Each square is a minute, horizontally. Grid is recorded over a 10 minute course.

Anyone know why this is happening? I don't like this because its not consistent and I cant accurately know when the download is gonna be finished. Please help D:

Are there any big electronic devices close to your router?
Because some electronic devices can have an effect.

Calculate the middle speed.

MATH TIME BOI.

Other than that, Can't help you.

Connect the ethernet cable directly to your computer. That should rule out or make it clear that it is your router that's causing the fluctuating. Also if you have an advanced firewall you should try disabling it.

Yeah , the Ethernet cable goes from my router to the computer. And it still happens. As I said before, it also happens on WiFi

Grazy. said:
Calculate the middle speed.

MATH TIME BOI.

That's not the only thing, speed fluctuating also makes the download slower than what it should be..

Andre said:
Connect the ethernet cable directly to your computer.
GPow69 said:
Pretty sure his Ethernet cable is connected directly
Aman1238 said:
Yeah , the Ethernet cable goes from my router to the computer. And it still happens. As I said before, it also happens on WiFi
This means it is not directly connected to the computer. It is first connected to the router and then the computer. Try connecting it directly to the computer.

Uh, I didn't think ethernet cables could go from anywhere except the router.. The only other thing that plugs into the router (Well, mine anyway) is the Phone cord and the power cord. There's nowhere else to plug an ethernet cable into except the router :s

How am I even supposed to do that? I have to get the phone cords to my router, then Ethernet from my router to my computer... There is no other way.

And it worked fine about a week ago....

Back
Top Bottom