Crytek: “Problems Occurred” While Scaling CryENGINE3 For Consoles

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
crysis-2-corel.jpg

It would seem as if a substantial portion of the gaming community is thrilled to see the Crysis franchise finally come over to consoles. It’s definitely great news, but what wasn’t known until now, is was difficulty in bringing what’s hands down the best looking game to consoles and having retain its graphical benchmark set by the first installment.

In a recent interview with GameReactor, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli spoke about the challenge his team faced.

“Crytek has been offering the CryENGINE for many years now, more than 10 to be accurate. The decision to enter the console market for engines was first driven by our desire to make console games. That’s what we always wanted to do,” Yerli said.

“The big challenge during the development of CryENGINE3 has been scaling the engine whilst maintaining the visual quality and performance. This is always challenging; problems occurred of course, but we’re really proud that our teams have managed to solve them as we proved in line with several engine presentations and will prove with Crysis 2.

The game is due for a release later this year, no official date has been set.

Source: Gamethirst

Of course they occurred, will definitely give this game a try when it comes out and I have the chance.

I'm not actually all that psyched for CE3 after seeing this CE2/CE3 comparison video. Maybe it's just because the CE3 clips are from console, and consoles can't even come CLOSE to what a PC can pull off

Back
Top Bottom