Crysis for consoles to be downloadable, priced at 1600 MSP/£15

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
Following the initial announcement this morning, EA UK’s announced this afternoon that Crysis 1 on PS3 and 360 will be a downloadable release only for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade.

tz28U.jpg

The game will be priced at 1600 MS points for XBLA and £14.99 on PSN, with full 3D support, optimized Nanosuit controls and fine-tuned combat all supported with the inclusion of CryEngine 3.

“We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality – and still is for many gamers even four years later,” said Crytek boss Cevat Yerli.

“By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming.”

The original Crysis launched in 2007 for PC. The console version releases next month.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/09/crysis-for-consoles-to-be-downloadable-priced-at-1600-msp15/

Crysis Coming to Xbox 360 and PS3

For whatever reason, Crytek is in fact bringing the original Crysis to both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 next month. They’re even giving it a bit of a touch-up with new lighting and a range of new visual effects, which were probably borrowed from the sequel. No word on pricing just yet but you can expect them to try to charge full retail considering that EA is publishing.

I find it rather odd that they didn’t do any advertising or build-up for this.

Re: Crysis Coming to Xbox 360 and PS3

New lighting and visual effects for consoles? Most PC's can't even run this normally, and they're improving the lighting for consoles? I don't get it.

I'd rather see a screen of the PS3 version since it usually has better graphics than xbox D:

GPow69 said:
I'd rather see a screen of the PS3 version since it usually has better graphics than xbox D:

I think it's gotta look quite same, but let's keep our hopes high. :tongue:

Mauri said:
GPow69 said:

I think it's gotta look quite same, but let's keep our hopes high. :tongue:
It will most likely be almost the same since it is a multiplat. The 360 version might even look a bit better than the PS3 version since this tends to be the case with almost every multiplat. Though for 15 euros this is pretty nice.

I don't like it that games have these overly dense glow effects like you can see on the sky :l
The game is hiding lack of environment by using this and similar effects.

Panki said:
I don't like it that games have these overly dense glow effects like you can see on the sky :l
Precisely fucking this!

Stop all that overuse of blur and glow and shit, you only fuck up the graphics imo :<

Panki said:
PC looks way better imo <3

I'm guessing partially because the xbox picture is a screenshot from a Youtube video, and the PC picture is a screenshot actually taken in the game :|

GPow69 said:
Panki said:
PC looks way better imo <3

I'm guessing partially because the xbox picture is a screenshot from a Youtube video, and the PC picture is a screenshot actually taken in the game :|

Still, take a look at the shadow and the missing gras.

Back
Top Bottom