Apple's 4th-generation iPhone revealed

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
You are looking at Apple's next iPhone. It was found lost in a bar in Redwood City, camouflaged to look like an iPhone 3GS. We got it. We disassembled it. It's the real thing, and here are all the details.

500x_iphone1.jpg

500x_iphone5.jpg

500x_iphone4_01.jpg

500x_iphone15.jpg

While Apple may tinker with the final packaging and design of the final phone, it's clear that the features in this lost-and-found next-generation iPhone are drastically new and drastically different from what came before. Here's the detailed list of our findings:

What's new

• Front-facing video chat camera
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
• Camera flash
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x640 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
• Split buttons for volume
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic

What's changed

• The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
• An aluminum border going completely around the outside
• Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
• Everything is more squared off
• 3 grams heavier
• 16% Larger battery
• Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery

Source & More : http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Panki said:
Gah, I get the feeling the Unread post function is buged.

We should start a club :biggrin:

It is for me too, has been ever since like 2 weeks after I first posted on TMS

It works perfectly though there are some weird... dependencies. SMF 2.0 has them enhanced and fixed and stuff though.

And this whole employee-leaves-phone-to-bar-during-his-birthday-someone-finds-it-sells-to-some-big-gizmodo-thing-for-some-real-cash-and-gizmodo-gives-promo-to-the-new-enhanced-iPhone thing sounds a little too PR stunty.

Panki said:

GPow69 said:
Panki said:

We should start a club :biggrin:

It is for me too, has been ever since like 2 weeks after I first posted on TMS

Works perfect for me, but you SHOULD use this URL https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0
Note the "action=unread;all;start=0"

I view every post on the forum, by using that URL, I guess you guys are trying to do it with ;
https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?action=unread

[quote author=Simple Machines Download Page]
Note: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC3 on a production site.
[/quote]

I saw this somewhere else too. IMO the design looks pretty awesome. It's nice to see a change. I;m curious to see what they will do with then next iPod. (I want a camera :/)

Mave said:
Note: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC3 on a production site.

[/quote]

[quote author=Me]
Oh
[/quote]

Mave said:
[/quote]
Take in mind that the notice is just some minor advice. There have been 4 beta versions and this is the 3rd release candidate of SMF 2.0. Majority of bugs are ironed out during the few years of development and it is very stable. There might be some bugs left with for example PostgreSQL functions which you or TMS sure does not use. As simple as that all is.

Back
Top Bottom