Anti-Virus software by Microsoft: MSE

Remis

335_mse.jpg

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE, codename "Morro") is the new FREE anti-virus software by Microsoft. (follower of Windows Live One Care)
It will protect all Windows systems against viruses, worms and other malware in realtime, without paying for anything.
Moreover MSE runs in the background, so it doesn't have a high cpu usage like other anti-virus softwares.
A dynamic signature service will keep the virus signatur up-to-date.

Security test results:

Wildlist 08/2009 with 3.732 viruses and other malware: MSE detected and deleted all of them
Another test with the latest 545.034 viruses/worms and other malware: 98,44 %
Adware and Spyware detection: 90,95 % (test of the latest 14.222)
rootkit detection: 100% (test of the latest 25)

url]

[url=[/media]http://www.microsoft.de/mse]Download (for XP SP 2, Vista and Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit- )
[/url]

I replaced it with AVG now:
- The surface is very clean, you can find everything very easily
- Its really performance friendly
- Very stable
- High detection rate (windows live care)
- Installation is fast

I will use it now on every pc as anti-virus software :holmes:

I'm gonna get this tomorow probably, because I hate AVG.

Fucker keeps moving my sys32 to the virus vault.

80% of viruses/trojans I upload to VirusTotal is undetected by the Microsoft AntiVirus. I'll stick with Trend, because I care about my computer.

Zezombia said:
80% of viruses/trojans I upload to VirusTotal is undetected by the Microsoft AntiVirus. I'll stick with Trend, because I care about my computer.
Uploading to VirusTotal is gay, it sends samples... but I suppose that's what you want it to do.

Zezombia said:
That can't be. MSE was tested with a wildlist collection out of 3.194 Viruses/Bots/Worms and MSE detected and deleted ALL of them.
MSE is based on OneCare and Forefront, and they showed a good virus detection.
So there must be something wrong with VirusTotal, like Andre said.

If you don't believe me, ask the computer magazines. Iam sure they will make an article about MSE since it is released now.

[TMS]Slayer said:
I use 2 now! MSE & Avira :laugh:
But don't use them together, because this will end badly. Which to choose of those two is your personal question.

I've thoroughly tested this, i tryed over 100 bad sites, It detected them all and protected me. ( I'm keeping it!)

It seems like this is the next big anti-virus.

Nice review, much better than my screenshot. I added the video in the topic

ThePro said:
i hate the fact it needs your windows to be legit... mine's not :(
Since you're afraid of anything (even links) then you should perhaps get a legit copy?

ThePro, i have a toshiba laptop with a Windows XP Valid serial here, The laptop is broken, So i don't need the serial anymore.

btw: It's WIN XP, Home edition.

Andre said:
ThePro said:
i hate the fact it needs your windows to be legit... mine's not :(
Since you're afraid of anything (even links) then you should perhaps get a legit copy?

hell, i managed to get that fear away, i'm infected with a virus so i don't give a f*ck if my computer gets more infected :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom