[2023] The Super Mario Bros. Movie

They're the same picture.

wJY5vfd.jpeg

It's the unfortunate truth that those famous celebrities bring in tons more public interest.
If you hear about an interview with Joe McShmuck, who voiced the main character in a new animated movie, you probably wouldn't really care. But if it's someone charismatic, loved, and well-known, like Keanu Reeves for example, suddenly a lot more people are willing to watch those promos. And a lot more will be sitting in their seats in the theater. Remember that announcement for Cyberpunk 2077, where Reeves was shown in the trailer? Interest and attention for the game skyrocketed.

Remember, at the end of the day, Hollywood movie producers care about one thing: money.

It's the unfortunate truth that those famous celebrities bring in tons more public interest.
If you hear about an interview with Joe McShmuck, who voiced the main character in a new animated movie, you probably wouldn't really care. But if it's someone charismatic, loved, and well-known, like Keanu Reeves for example, suddenly a lot more people are willing to watch those promos. And a lot more will be sitting in their seats in the theater. Remember that announcement for Cyberpunk 2077, where Reeves was shown in the trailer? Interest and attention for the game skyrocketed.

Remember, at the end of the day, Hollywood movie producers care about one thing: money.
You're 100% right. Their target audience = as much people as possible. Unfortunately they don't care if that doesn't include the people who basically grew up with Mario.

Still no fan of Mario's voice, I do like Luigi's though.
TBH, I wasn't sold on Jack Black after seeing the teaser a while ago, but now I'm on board. I get the feeling the best parts of the movie will be without Mario.

TBH, I wasn't sold on Jack Black after seeing the teaser a while ago, but now I'm on board. I get the feeling the best parts of the movie will be without Mario.
Because he will be taken hostage in a castle?

Back
Top Bottom