https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105793/

Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer (Critic Reviews): 79/100
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/waynes_world

Information and details

Genre: Mystery, Comedy, Music
Runtime: 1h34m

Director: Penelope Spheeris
Notable cast members: Mike Myers, Rob Lowe

Plot summary: Two slacker friends try to promote their public-access cable show.

Trailer

Warning! Proceed with caution. You WILL read spoilers below.

Only proceed if you've seen the movie.

My review

I saw this movie being referenced on the internet countless times. However, up until yesterday I never actually saw the movie.

Let me start off by saying that this movie is 100% silly. It doesn't make a lot of sense, it's just two best buddies who happen to host a show in one of their parents' basement. Does that work for a comedy? Absolutely.

The entire movie we basically follow these two as one of them falls in love, as they get their show on a network,...

Music throughout the movie is great, the Bohemian Rhapsody car scene in particular. Cassandra also nails it.
Alice Cooper's cameo was also surprising, especially after you learn that he was only supposed to sing in the movie, and was just handed lines upon arrival.

Did I mention that this movie is ridiculously quotable?

Garth: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
Wayne: No.
Garth: Neither did I. I was just asking.

Wayne: All I have to say about that is "asphinctersayswhat".
Garth: What?
Wayne: Exactly.

Wayne Campbell: No way!
Garth Algar: Way!

Garth: No Stairway. Denied! (when Wayne tries to play Stairway to Heaven in the guitar store)

Wayne: Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon? (of course as in reference to this

Benjamin: Hey, who wants Chinese take-out? I know a great place!
Wayne Campbell: I'll have the "cream of sum yung guy".

Garth: Benjamin is nobody's friend. If Benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.

And how can we forget the Terminator reference?

Wayne: Yes, officer, is there a problem?
T-1000: Have you seen this boy?

Overall I did get quite a few laughs from this. However I'm not going to rewatch this probably.. ever. Hence the <7 score. More deserving of a 6.5 than a 6, but sadly IMDB doesn't do half ratings.

6/10

PGixgm9.jpeg

gvAn53F.jpeg

0h3beO0.jpeg

6kdccEJ.jpeg

G0YWK37.jpeg

EAx03co.jpeg

mBespLt.jpeg

gfxcgWx.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom