RoboCop

Ratings and links

IMDB 7.6/10
Rotten Tomatoes 91/100

Information and details

Genre: Action, Crime, Sci-Fi
Runtime: 1h42m

Director: Paul Verhoeven
Notable cast members: Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O'Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Kurtwood Smith

Plot summary: In a dystopic and crime-ridden Detroit, a terminally wounded cop returns to the force as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories.
Storyline: In a violent, near-apocalyptic Detroit, evil corporation Omni Consumer Products wins a contract from the city government to privatize the police force. To test their crime-eradicating cyborgs, the company leads street cop Alex Murphy into an armed confrontation with crime lord Boddicker so they can use his body to support their untested RoboCop prototype. But when RoboCop learns of the company's nefarious plans, he turns on his masters.

Trailer

Warning! Proceed with caution. You WILL read spoilers below.

Only proceed if you've seen the movie.

Last edited:
My review

This one has been on my watchlist for ages. Mostly because I'm the furthest thing away from a sci-fi fan. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the movie besides its name.

I cannot stress how much over-the-top this movie is. Fortunately it's very self-aware. The movie SCREAMS 80s sci-fi. They honestly did a really good job at portraying Chicago in the 80s as a crime wasteland. The atmosphere is great. The story not so much, plot could have been a little more advanced. I did however still enjoy the movie because some most scenes were so ridiculous they became funny.

I had some trouble seeing Red Foreman as the antagonist, but he does play a good role. Also recognized the father of the girl murdered in Twin Peaks as one of Red's crew. First time I saw that actor outside of TP.

Overall I'd rate the movie a 6/10. Would not watch again but did enjoy it.

AsX3VsK.jpeg

The bad robot not being able to handle stairs, falling down AND THEN SQUEALING had me almost crying at how dumb the scene looked.

r0JEBf3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom