Radiation, explained with bananas

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Banana for scale.

RwDyAuZ.png

Cool explanation! It is easy and simple to show to children and those who do not understand the amount of harm. It would be great to do the same graphics for professions. Something like: Do you want to become a miner? - that's so much harm. If you want to fly to the ISS, that's so much harm. For a day, astronauts on the ISS receive a dose of radiation equal to the annual radiation on Earth.

For a day, astronauts on the ISS receive a dose of radiation equal to the annual radiation on Earth.
Damn, I had no idea. I wonder if any (ex-)astronauts have developed a form of cancer because of this.

There are various studies. According to some, astronauts are more likely to die of cancer. According to the results of others, radiation at a short distance from the Earth does not affect what astronauts get sick with. The community is too small for the research results to be statistically significant. But the amount of radiation astronauts receive sounds scary.

There are various studies. According to some, astronauts are more likely to die of cancer. According to the results of others, radiation at a short distance from the Earth does not affect what astronauts get sick with. The community is too small for the research results to be statistically significant. But the amount of radiation astronauts receive sounds scary.
It does sound scary indeed.

On the same subject as the infographic; I really enjoyed this video:

Back
Top Bottom