Treyarch confirms modding for Black Ops

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
callofdutyblackops12.jpg

While PC modders were completely locked out of Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch’s confirmed modding tools will be available for Black Ops, no doubt to the delight of many.

“We plan to open the game up for modding sometime post-launch,” said a Treyarch staffer on the game’s forum.

“We do not know yet to what extent you will be able to mod the game. There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm.“

We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game.

“And, dev console: confirmed.”

The news will be welcomed in the PC community, which went flat-out nuts when Infinity Ward decided the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 wouldn’t include dedicated servers or modding.

Black Ops releases on November 9 for PC, 360 and PS3.

Treyarch always takes IW's game and fixes everything that people hate about it xD

GREAT to hear. Console = Win.

Maffia171 said:
While PC modders were completely locked out of Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch’s confirmed modding tools will be available for Black Ops, no doubt to the delight of many.

Well not rly, There's mods on AlterIWnet :O

GPow69 said:
Maffia171 said:

Well not rly, There's mods on AlterIWnet :O

Ye ofc. (Also on Steam btw) But those are mods like removing things and crappy zombie mods.
Modding tools <3

Well hacking can be prevented on PC because of admins, I can't say anything about consoles.

But this is GREAT for call of duty series. If this will improve on everything that mw2 failed on, it will be the greatest one yet.

I'm gonna buy the hardened edition on PC if its available. (4 WAW Zombie maps ftw :O)

well Gpow, they can fix all the ways to hack, and then they make a new way and a new way... hackers always find a way to get past the system, it will never be "hacker-free"

I hope they don't use PunkBuster... It SUCKS doesnt even catch hackers.. or at least i havent seen any. Once it banned me for having "com_maxFPS 600" and "cg_fov 80"
(But I think the server had it set to ban people who had those commands enabled..)

It needs to detect hackers, not stuff like this D:

As long as there's dedicated servers on PC, everything will be fine.

Admin powers, Fuck yea.

Back
Top Bottom