Sync data via WiFi

Rafay

var nerd; nerd = db_getUser("rafay");
You guys know a method to sync data between two systems? I mean, I've a computer and a laptop, both running Windows 7. And I want some particular folders to be synced between both systems via WiFi. I'm not talking about Dropbox and/or copying and pasting methods.

You can use the Public Folder sharing through your Network.

Browse to: C:\Users\Public\

And make whatever folder you want to share or add libraries to it. Then on the other computer, go to Network>Computer Name>Users>Public>...

For example:
Computer one:
icvYUW.PNG

It's empty.

Computer two:
ieY.PNG

Edited the text file.

Computer one again:
ieyR4.PNG

It's changed!

If it asks you for a password because you['re trying to access someone else's info, just enter the Admin's password for the computer you're trying to access.
If it says you do not have permission, then on the computer you're hosting the file go to: "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings" and make sure everything is set to share and ON.

Just make sure your WiFi is secured and none of your neighbors are on it.

It should be syncing instantly now, just make desktop shortcuts to the public fodler on both desktops and you should be good :tongue:

Yeah, it's very useful for Home/Office networks. I also believe you can use this on XP and Vista and also share folders between all three OSs.

Back
Top Bottom