Sony PS4 to be Multi-Core

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Some speculation about the Sony PS4 has been doing the rounds on the web today with some supposed inside information saying that Sony are looking at using a multi-core processor for the next generation console.

Reasons stated for this are that the PS3 used Cell architecture which was challenging to work with for some developers. Other processors have also been reviewed which included Intel’s Larrabee although more power was wanted by Sony.

PC Watch Impress mention that it takes around 24 months to design and build a new console, so if development has been started recently then perhaps 2011 would be too early, but 2012 or 2013 could be a possibility for a Playstation 4 launch.

Other information was also mentioned at PC Watch Impress saying that handheld consoles also precede a console launch which could mean we see a PSP2 sooner rather than later.

Of course I am sure there is a lot of speculation written in the report but still interesting to see where Sony might be heading.

Source : PS4Talk

This just reminded me of some fucking kid on xfire that thinks PS3 and Xbox 360 are never going to get outdated, and he also seems to think that they will always be more powerful than a high-end PC.

He made up the stupidest excuses ever to not show me proof of his statements (Such as his PC crashed and when he got it back he "didnt reinstall MS paint" so he cant paste the prntscreen) or that his internet has a parental block so he can't see my tinypic screenshot of MY proof.

Sorry for OT, I needed to vent.

Back
Top Bottom