[SOLVED] Lag spikes in every single FPS!

Grazy.

I've been having this problem as long as I can remember for now, but today I have decided to try and maybe fix it.
The problem is that I have lag spikes in every single Online FPS game, when I've played some 3rd person MMORPG or SA/SA-MP.
As I said, it only happens in Online games, so it doesn't occur on Singleplayer games.
I have also cleaned my PC registry with Glary Utilities and CCleaner, I've also tried Defraggler, but that doesn't exactly clean my registry.
Anywho, here's some information.

- I run on Windows XP Professional. (Getting W7 soon, and will see if that fixes the problem)

- Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ (Getting a new processor soon, and will see if THAT fixes the problem)
1.81 GHz, 1,00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension .. Don't know if that line is useful.
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

- I am desperate for smooth gaming, so halp.

Re: Lag spikes in every single FPS!

Is it framerate lag or internet lag? If it's internet, you can't really do anything about it except play on servers closer to you or maybe upgrade your internet

Should be pretty obvious if it is your internet or your PC that lags. Write a message in the chat, if it takes some time until you see it it is your internet connection.

Otherwise, get more RAM.

Any other programs running that take away a lot of CPU?

It was basically my Anti-Virus system that took so much CPU.
So now it's okay, as long as I turn off my anti-virus, no lag. Except for the internet lag, that I basically don't even have :)

Thanks guys! I will give each of you a cookie :E

MiRc34 said:
Fries said:
lemme guess, either avast or norton.
I use avast and I don't lag for shit.
Have you ever had it update virus database when you're playing?

That always lags me for a minute or two, but ever since they added gaming mode it stopped :tongue:

Lags for me for a minute before the little box thing comes up, hopefully this will be fixed when I get video card :biggrin:

xKNiiVeS said:
raESV.jpg

Very fucking funny.

Back
Top Bottom