[PS3] BluRay Reader Problem 80GB

I think "TheDonXR" already gave a good reply;

I just fixed a CECHE01 80gb console that had the exact same symptoms. It needs a new blu ray laser, you can get it at www.gadgetresurrection.com for just north of 50 bucks. Search YouTube for a video on how to do it, supermodchips has some very good multipart videos to keep you on the right track. I did mine when it went (MGS4 console) and another that I got off craigslist. Its really easy, if you are even a little bit technical and can follow directions and have a little patience you should have no problem. Just make sure when you put it back together and turn it on hold the eject button with no disc in it and wait till it beeps (should take around 10-15 sec) so it resets the Blu-Ray Drive and your disc doesn't get stuck the first time you put it in.

You have the exact same problem, so just do as he did :wink:

Ah too bad :/

Guess you'll be gaming a bit more on your PC until you got the money (CS:S pl0x :3)

BUMP. I fixed it :biggrin:. Did what the guy said. I was just about to mess up, but I guess I didn't. Opened my ps3, opened the bluray drive, and replaced the lens basically. And now it WORKS :biggrin:.

Anyway you can lock this :)

Btw the laser cost me about $50, but better than giving it to Sony for $150.. :pimp:

[TMS]Slayer said:
BUMP. I fixed it :biggrin:. Did what the guy said. I was just about to mess up, but I guess I didn't. Opened my ps3, opened the bluray drive, and replaced the lens basically. And now it WORKS :biggrin:.

Anyway you can lock this :)

Btw the laser cost me about $50, but better than giving it to Sony for $150.. :pimp:
Yeh i had the same problem and also bought a new one and then it worked :)

Back
Top Bottom