Microsoft offers $250000 reward for catching botnet worm authors

Andre

This sure must be hell of a botnet (well it is - and good worm) if they're offering $250K! :woot:

Yep, this is the BIGGEST worm I've ever seen and it certainly doesn't use hosts file for blocking AV sites, I suppose instead it blocks TCP/IP traffic to the sites and everything. Then it must have a very professional and good update source.
'Conficker continues to infect a large number of computers while security experts try and figure out what to do.' -

Microsoft has created a new technology industry posse and a $250,000 reward for people who help turn over the creators of the Conficker worm.

The Conficker worm multiplied like wildfire, and spreads through a hole found in Microsoft Windows systems, though the vulnerability was patched in October. It also is able to disable anti-malware protection and will block an infected PC from visiting anti-malware vendors Web sites to receive updates.

Security experts are even more worried about the possibility the worm calls home every 24 hours to at least 250 servers each day for instructions or directed actions.

The Houston police department was forced to stop arresting people with traffic warrants because the worm spread its way through the police and city court's computer systems. Violent offenders were still arrested, but those with outstanding traffic warrants were simply issued citations instead of being arrested, Houston police officials said.

There also was a Conficker outbreak among French military computers, which led to several fighter planes being grounded until everything could be fixed.

Microsoft is working with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and PC security experts while trying to identify the worm's creators. VeriSign, NeuStar, Public Internet Registry, Global Domains International, AOL, F-Secure, George Tech, and several other organizations have joined the fight to help capture who ever created the Internet worm.

"As part of Microsoft's ongoing security efforts, we constantly look for ways to use a diverse set of tools and develop methodologies to protect our customers," Microsoft Trustworthy Computing Group G.M. George Stathakopoulos said in a statement. "By combining our expertise with the broader community we can expand the boundaries of defense to better protect people worldwide."

Security company Symantec reported that more than 2.2 million IP addresses over the past five days have been infected with two different forms of the worm, three months after it first hit the Internet. To date, it's infected at least 10 million PCs since first being introduced into the wild.

Holy **** I'm sorry Andre, but I'll have to tell them it was you, I just can't say no to this amount of cash.

I understand, Mave
[me=Andre9977]hides and equips weaponary (becomes cool after 21.2 milliseconds) :guns:[/me]

Hey guys, i made a worm also!
it is in my backyard.
if you want, i can give it to you & you will get 250K $ :afro:

i know that guy who made that malware, he is botanik and from ukraine. cuz i got it in my pc too and i tryed to hack him but he is smart shithed. mostly he uses skype to inflict everyone..

MaTrIx4057 said:
i know that guy who made that malware, he is botanik and from ukraine. cuz i got it in my pc too and i tryed to hack him but he is smart shithed. mostly he uses skype to inflict everyone..
Go Go! Matrix! don't give up this way! Hack him, Spread him & become Rich! :angel:

MaTrIx4057 said:
The worm spreads through Windows vulnerabilities.

virus isnt just 1 part, it had lot of parts and it can be spread everywhere. my pc is now fucked up cuz of this, there is big sound coming from my motherboard and i gotta buy new one.

MaTrIx4057 said:
virus isnt just 1 part, it had lot of parts and it can be spread everywhere. my pc is now fucked up cuz of this, there is big sound coming from my motherboard and i gotta buy new one.

Poor you :/ but you can protect yourself, as I posted in another topic (by windows update, some virus scanners detect it,...)

i didn't had anti virus then, cuz i didn't know about that virus, else you don't need anti virus if u know how to use PC

Back
Top Bottom