GPU/Driver going derp

Panki

BOFH
So, as you may know, my PC is acting rather... weird.
After playing some BF3 or CoD4, the screen suddenly went to 'No Input' but the sound continued for a bit, then it stuttered too.
All I can do to fix this is hit the reset button and restart. The weird part is I can not 'provoke' it to happen, as it does not happen during AC:R/CS:S or at normal desktop usage.
It does not happen at any high resource using place like explosions, it's just random.

What I did so far:
Cleaned out the entire PC, including GFX, updated my ATI driver (downgraded to 10.4 aswell), checked the registry by using sfc /scannow in the CMD, ran Malwarebytes. Nothing did fix it. I ran Furmark, an extremly resourcehungry benchmark. Even on highest settings with only 2 fps it did not crash.
The PC didn't 'Bluescreen' either, atleast it didn't create a dump file. After it had happened once again I decided to give it some time to recover before hitting reset, and voila, a dump was created. Here's a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/YbGG0.png
(not embedded to save some space)

After googling, I found out that 0x0000117 means that the driver did not respond in time, so I thought the vga.sys may be corrupt, thus the sfc run. Still have the problem.

I'm honestly out of ideas what else I could do, does anybody have an idea?
Thanks in advance.

All I can think of is that your GPU is overheating. Does your GPU start making loud noises once this happens (fan spinning @ full speed)?

Impulse said:
All I can think of is that your GPU is overheating. Does your GPU start making loud noises once this happens (fan spinning @ full speed)?
Nope. Even Furmark didn't get it over 60°C. And it's def not overheating on CoD4.
I forgot to mention: after cleaning it does not crash on BF3 anymore.

Vodkush said:
Maybe the storm that caused the pc to crash did some damage?
Doubt that, I think it wouldn't even boot/crash on other things aswell :|

Back
Top Bottom