Console version of APB unsigned, says Jones

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
apb8.jpg

RealTime Worlds’ Dave Jones has told Eurogamer that APB won’t appear on consoles unless the studio finds the right “publishing partner” to assist it.

The MMO launched at the weekend in the UK, receiving middling review scores: EG gave the game a six.

“That won’t happen until we have a console publishing partner,” said Jones.

“That’s the only thing that will trigger that.”

When asked if the game would be “shopped around” for consoles, he added: “I don’t think it’s something we’d say we’d shop around. We’re going to stay heavily focused on building upon what we’ve got. We’ll have conversations with people. If there’s interest there, then of course we’d love to bring it to console.

“But I think, quite rightly, the console people are sitting there watching how the game does, how we build upon it, how good the service is, what would be the cost involved in running dedicated servers for console, for example. I don’t think anybody’s ever done that yet.”

Jones said back at GDC this year that for APB to appear on consoles, it would need a “redesign.”

Maffia171 said:
Jones said back at GDC this year that for APB to appear on consoles, it would need a “redesign.”

Not for the PS3...
The XBOX360 and its fucking slower CPU and DL DVDs is what is dragging console gaming down...

Uh well actually it would for the PS3 as well. Blu-Ray discs have a different format thing, and also they'd need to re code the ENTIRE game to work with the special cell processor in the PS3, where for the 360 there would only need to be a few minor adjustments.

Also for both consoles the graphics would have to come down and they would probably have to turn down some other stuff like draw distance because the consoles don't have very good specs compared to the required specs for PC version

Back
Top Bottom