[2009] Transformers 2 | Review + Trailer

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
transformers2bw0.jpg

Short : If you love robots and such, you definitely must see this movie.

What’s good about it?

Revenge of the Fallen is bigger and louder than its predecessor. There's a healthy dose of new characters. Visually, it rocks. The fight sequences are better choreographed and there’s more ‘expression’ in the up-close shots of the Transformers’ faces. Large parts of New York, Paris, Shanghai and the Egyptian desert all get blown to shit. In particular, a forest scene in which Optimus Prime slugs it out with three Decepticons (and unsheaths his magic swords), is awesome. As is the end sequence: the plot (and therefore the fate of the world) pivots on ‘magic dust’, the US army are shouting “Bring the rain!” and Megan Fox is scrambling around in white trousers while the sun sets on the pyramids, which are topped, tinsel-like, with giant shiny robots. It’s just so poetically retarded.

What’s bad about it?

Apart from Megan Fox, the best characters in Bay’s first film were Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. But here their screen time takes backstage to a pair of tedious Smart car-style Autobots called Mudflap and Skids. They’re the robotic equivalent of Jar Jar Binks, but exactly twice as annoying. And then there’s a Decepticon that’s basically a 200ft vacuum cleaner with a massive pair of wrecking balls for bollocks. Which, obviously, is stupid. But the main problem is that it’s WAY too long. They could easily have lopped 45 minutes off and ended up with a better film.

Trailer

zz902h6XxR0[/media]#ws-normal]TRANSFORMERS 2 OFFICIAL 3rd TRAILER

Personal Opinion

I myself went to the cinema a few weeks ago with some friends and checked this movie out.
I found it pretty cool, I'd give it a 9 for sure.

I'm definitely watching it again soon. And if a next movie would release, I'd see it too.

Extra : "Optimus Prime" f'n rocks :T

Re: Transformers 2 - Review

Good review, Thanks! I Think I Will see it after all now :biggrin:

I saw the film and the war was amazing with all the sound effects in the cinema. And the story was also great.
Much better than the previous film.

Remis said:
I saw the film and the war was amazing with all the sound effects in the cinema. And the story was also great.
Much better than the previous film.

Thanks for saying that, I was actually considering watching the first movie too.

Back
Top Bottom