[2009] Crank High Voltage | Trailer + Info + Plot + Story + Mave's Review

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
CrankHighVoltage.jpg

Trailer

L_TwToxQxUs[/media]#ws-normal]Crank: High Voltage Movie Trailer [HD]

Info

Crank: High Voltage is a 2009 American action/thriller film, and sequel to the 2006 action film, Crank. It picks up shortly after the first film left off, retaining its "real-time" feel and adding surrealism. Crank: High Voltage was written and directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, who both wrote and directed the previous film.

Plot

'Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working.'

Story

The movie begins with Statham being literally shoveled off the ground and thrown into a van. His heart is harvested and replaced with a battery operated gizmo and he is once again thrust into a situation where he needs to find those responsible. This time he needs to be electrically charged and the movie comes up with some hilarious set-pieces as he's all over Los Angeles getting volts put through him whichever way he can (various low and high voltage sources, friction from rubbing up against old ladies and having hot nasty sex with Amy Smart in front of thousands being some choice examples)

Not only is this setup outlandish and fun, but the movie throws in a wacky array of supporting characters that amp up the insanity. Bai Ling, Efren Ramirez (Pedro from NAPOLEON DYNAMITE), Dwight Yoakam, Julanne Chidi Hill as "Dark Chocolate", Clifton Collins Jr. and the late David Carradine show up to either help or give our protagonist much grief. The plotting and zany band of misfits reminding me greatly of John Carpenter's ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. If to recall that great action movie was their intention, Directors Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor really pull it off.

Mave's Review

I didn't watch the first 'Crank' before I watched 'Crank High Voltage', and I think you should better watch the first movie in the series before watching this one.
It's not necessary, but I think you'll get more from the story then I did the first time I watched it.
When you see this movie yourself, you'll notice it's pretty 'chaotic'. But not in a bad way.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the modern action movie, I enjoyed this one pretty much.

This movie was a special experience for me, this isn't your regular action movie, it has this 'special' factor in it.

The filmmakers take the extra step to going "Over the top" as for example 'Shoot em up" & ' Live free or die hard' did before.
Although I would say that 'Crank High Voltage' goes one small step further.

This movie is definitely worth a view. But don't expect to see your average action movie. Because you won't.

You won't believe me guys...
2 months, I downloaded 3 torrents !! Same torrents, Crank 2 High voltage ! It was bugged !! And now I can't delete those ******* torrents >.< ! It says it doesn't exist -.- !

Now I'm searching it on Megaupload ^^ !

I watched this movie and It was not very awesome... Especially the end! 4/10 The first Crank PWNZ

As you can see in my review, I didn't find it fan-tas-tic either.

EDIT: I said "i" it's "I" :O

Back
Top Bottom