YouTube blocks ALL music videos

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
_45550281_saturdays416youtube.jpg

There's bad news if you're a big fan of watching music videos on Youtube, as the site has decided to block them all.

From 6pm on Monday thousands of videos will start disappearing from the site, to people logging on inside the UK.

YouTube is owned by Google, and bosses of the company say that it will cost too much money to keep them online.

It's not just videos uploaded by record companies that will be blocked - ones added to YouTube by fans that are official will be banned as well.

Click here to vote for your fave music act in Your Charts

YouTube isn't allowed to put up the videos for free - it has to pay an organisation called PRS for Music a fee.

Now the bosses of YouTube say PRS for Music is putting its prices up, and as a result it's just too expensive to have them online.

Steve Porter, head of the PRS, said he was "outraged... shocked and disappointed" by YouTube's decision.

In a statement, Mr Porter said the move "punishes British consumers and the songwriters whose interests we protect and represent".

Users will notice

YouTube's director of video partnerships Patrick Walker said: "We feel we are so far apart that we have to remove content while we continue to negotiate with the PRS.

"We are making the message public because it will be noticeable to users on the site."

Noooooooooooo! :( Bye YouTube RickRoll :(

They removed 8 already of me, and I'm sure they will remove some more :(

Mave said:
It's not just videos uploaded by record companies that will be blocked

The fuck? I thought you could upload things you had the copyright to, wouldn't the record company own it...?

Zezombia said:
Mave said:
It's not just videos uploaded by record companies that will be blocked

The fuck? I thought you could upload things you had the copyright to, wouldn't the record company own it...?

There's this organization, called SABAM, you have to pay to them if you play music from artists who are joined with the SABAM, BUT, even when an artist plays his OWN music at a party, he has to pay to SABAM..

I know this is messed up, we had a huge discussion about this two days ago in class

Back
Top Bottom