Below I'll list some reasons why I hope (and think) that GTA VI will take place in the 1980s.
- The music: do I need to remind anyone of the fantastic Vice City soundtrack?
- The cars: back then every kid had a poster of a supercar in his room because the cars were just that awesome
- The lack of internet and proper cellphones: imagine having to go to a car dealership in order to buy cars, to a bank to bank your money, to a real estate agency to buy properties,...
- A somewhat more realistic world: no more flying motorcycles or cars
- The last not-modern GTA is Vice City (well and Vice City Stories, but that was a PSP game, and only got a release for the PS2 later), and Vice City turns 20 in 2022
- The general atmosphere of the 80s