True Crime in Hong Kong revealed at Spike VGA

Spiderpig

You know, THAT dude..
The second world premiere of the VGAs was the full version of the teaser we saw a couple weeks ago -- you know, the one we initially presumed was for another installment in the True Crime series? Yeah, well, it was totally for another installment in the True Crime series, which is being developed by ModNation Racers creators United Front. Guess there's no more mystery as to what Activision's upcoming Hong Kong-set action title is, huh?

It'll be a little while before we can get the high definition version of the trailer up, but until then, check out a screengrabbed version of the trailer after the jump, and feel confident in the fact that we're very good guessers.

Debut Trailer:

Mqpojb5EBr0[/media]#

I really love the True Crime series, I really do. But the last version set quite high requirements. "Streets of LA" & "NYC" were very good, best sandbox games at their release time. With a few glitches and bugs, an engine that compared to nowaday achievements is not the best and a quite awkward fighting movement system (you can see from the Hong Kong trailer it is the same, nearly), it was still awesome. Much of the developers that make series games that are a hit at their release date are known for continuing with the next games from the series using the same engine and the same base. It would also be a huge disappointment to see a small map in the game for Hong Kong. As we know the map in True Crime: NYC was huge and it was quite fun to do all the sightseeing. Hong Kong is only 100 square kilometers smaller than New York City so we are hopefully going to see a huge map with magnificent details - just as high as we expect it to be due to all modern day games. Looking at the trailer we're hopefully going to get something great like I described, but that just looks like not a big teaser and doesn't show much details. Got to check out the trailer in HD.

I can't wait for the game. Even if it ain't too good I'm still going to get and play it. Just for the old times.

It's a different developer now so they are most likely using a new engine for the animations, i saw the HD trailer and looks even better than GTA IV, NYC was full of glitches and had lots of errors because of a rushed release but it was just as fun as GTA SA.

Activision just rocks! I saw the trailer before lookkign at this topic, and was about to post it, but I searched before :clap:

But this one really rocks :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom