The Zodiac Killer’s unsolved 340 cypher was finally cracked after 51 years

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator

The Zodiac Killer is an unidentified serial killer responsible for the murders of at least five people in the Bay Area in California between 1968 and 1969. He is infamous for taunting law enforcement and the media with various letters and ciphers, in which he claimed to have murdered 37 victims for the purpose of enslaving them in the afterlife.

PccteSf.gif

The cypher was mailed to the San Francisco Chronicle on November 8, 1969 along with a greeting card and a strip of victim Paul Stine's shirt. It has been cracked by David Oranchak, a code-breaking expert recently featured on the TV show The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer, and his colleagues, Sam Blake and Jarl Van Eycke.

In an email to the San Francisco Chronicle, FBI spokesman Cameron Polan confirmed that the cipher has been solved and they are not releasing any more details at this time.

I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING LOTS OF FUN IN TRYING TO CATCH ME - THAT WASN’T ME ON THE TV SHOW - WHICH BRINGS UP A POINT ABOUT ME - I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE GAS CHAMBER BECAUSE IT WILL SEND ME TO PARADICE ALL THE SOONER BECAUSE I NOW HAVE ENOUGH SLAVES TO WORK FOR ME WHERE EVERYONE ELSE HAS NOTHING WHEN THEY REACH PARADICE - SO THEY ARE AFRAID OF DEATH - I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE IS LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADICE DEATH

My man got a bit of a stroke in the end there.

Also, lol at the constant misspelling of "paradise".

My man got a bit of a stroke in the end there.

Also, lol at the constant misspelling of "paradise".
Unless.... he really wanted to go ice skating.

Back
Top Bottom