The GTA Online 2020 Winter Update [Pre-Launch]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color version using AI

U3FkIow.jpg

This one seems more likely.. sadly (because it's smaller)
EDIT: direct linik because it's almost the same color as the forums bg: https://i.imgur.com/rm4KN6I.png

rm4KN6I.png

Considering that both of those maps are wildly different, save for the general shape of the island, I'm taking both of them with a massive grain of salt.

Interesting sidenote, though: "El Rubio" means "The blonde". Wonder if it has any meaning for the content. They did something similar with Madrazo's ranch: it's name "La Fuente Blanca", or "The White Fountain". Now, this could either mean the huge white fountain in his driveway, but more likely it's a reference to cocaine.

Considering that both of those maps are wildly different, save for the general shape of the island, I'm taking both of them with a massive grain of salt.

Interesting sidenote, though: "El Rubio" means "The blonde". Wonder if it has any meaning for the content. They did something similar with Madrazo's ranch: it's name "La Fuente Blanca", or "The White Fountain". Now, this could either mean the huge white fountain in his driveway, but more likely it's a reference to cocaine.
Definitely the latter :biggrin:

Prepare to infiltrate the remote island compound of the world’s most notorious drug dealer in Grand Theft Auto Online’s biggest, most daring, and action-packed addition yet: The Cayo Perico Heist.

It’s up to you to find a way to breach Cayo Perico, one of the most secure private islands in the entire world, evade or neutralize the heavily armed security forces stationed there, and escape with valuable evidence along with as much art, gold and drug money as you can carry.

Choose your tools. Choose your approach. Choose your crew – or even go it entirely alone. Just make it back to Los Santos in one piece.

The Cayo Perico Heist is the biggest GTA Online adventure ever, introducing an all-new exotic Heist location, with a brand-new approach to Heist design that features the ability to play everything solo or with up to three other players. Plus you can acquire new vehicles and tactical weapons, experience new social spaces to dance and party in with your friends, and new world-class guest DJs, and listen to new radio stations with over 100 new songs. Oh, and a very large, very versatile, and very heavily armed submarine HQ with plenty of other surprises.

Stay tuned for more details as you prepare for The Cayo Perico Heist.

Interesting. I do hope that we can explore the map without doing any heist though!

A Submarine HQ? Now, that's very, very interesting. Time to save up for the undoubtedly millions it'll cost.

The white and blue gate is obviously based on the entrance to the Pablo Escobar estate.
I love that Rockstar didn't add a plane on top, but took a screenshot when a plane was flying over.

F9iDN4c.png

Some redditors and gtaforums members also figured out the island's location: (thanks to background mountains, sun positions,..)

hh3OBWY.png

So, the name "Cayo Perico" isn't nonsense either... Perico means "Parakeet", so the compound's name is Parakeet Key. Probably means nothing, but still.

So, the name "Cayo Perico" isn't nonsense either... Perico means "Parakeet", so the compound's name is Parakeet Key. Probably means nothing, but still.
Not sure how reliable UD is but: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Perico

Also since the DLC is releasing the 15th and we're Europeans I'm guessing it makes the most sense taking the 16th off and starting early on the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom