SKIKK (Clevo) Laptop Review

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yesterday my SKIKK (Dutch Clevo brand) arrived!

It was a bit of a gamble to buy a laptop with not many reviews, also my first ever Clevo laptop for that matter.

Specifications
  • Intel Core i7 Hexa Core (6) 9750H 2.6GHz (4.5GHz) 12MB Cache
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 with 8GB GDDR6
  • 15,6" Matte Full HD LED 240Hz (1920x1080)
  • 2x32GB SKIKK 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4
  • 2x1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus M.2
  • Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 12.5 W / mK
Look and feel

While the laptop is smaller and looks less "gamey" (I can take this into meetings now) it does feel a bit cheaper compared to my previous laptop (the MSI) because of the material used (plastic). It looks more like a fat business laptop than a gaming one. (which is a good thing)

Screen

The 240hz screen is so goddamn smooth it's ridiculous.

Performance

Performance is pretty insane, got 150-180 FPS running GTA V on Ultra (everything maxed out). Curious how RDR2 will perform.

Temperatures

Tested with GTA V running for 5 minutes (on an external 60hz 2560x1440 screen):
  • No undervolt:
    CPU max: 85
    GPU max: 74
  • -0.150, -0.140
    Instant BSOD
    BSOD after 3 minutes
    CPU max: 82
    GPU max: 72
I guess as long as these remain <90 I shouldn't complain. (my MSI hits 95 without even gaming)
Will perform additional testing.

Other

The fingerprint scanner (had no idea it was gonna be there) actually works pretty well (would never choose to have this though)

I like that most of the ports are on the back as opposed to the sides.

I did notice that these fans go maximum to 4450 RPM (MSI can go to 5800 RPM)

Charger block doesn't have anti-slip pads. (so it's more likely to fall off your desk)

Sound is.. crap, which I actually don't mind since I'm never going to be using the speakers but the sticker about the audio tuning is ridiculous, don't put that sticker on a laptop if you know that the speakers are still shit. (MSI had an insane sound system with a subwoofer)

I'll post some pictures tonight.

This is a review after only 12 hours of ownership, of course I will continue adding information to this thread in the following days/weeks.

Last edited:
How loud it is when doing heavy tasks?

Also really god damn that laptop seems to be quite a beast! Extremely jelly :biggrin:

How loud it is when doing heavy tasks?

Also really god damn that laptop seems to be quite a beast! Extremely jelly :biggrin:

To be honest it does get pretty loud while gaming. You'll want headphones for sure.

So how does it look, when you say "not gamey"?

Hmm I did get +90 degrees temps for the first time today while playing NFS Payback after RDR2. Disabled the turbo option in XTU now though.

Hmm I did get +90 degrees temps for the first time today while playing NFS Payback after RDR2. Disabled the turbo option in XTU now though.
UPDATE: Since then I haven't reached those temps anymore.

My only remark after another month is that it sometimes starts vacuuming (blowing really loud) for no apparent reason? These bursts usually end after a minute though.

Back
Top Bottom