[Serious] Abortion

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I know a lot of people have very strong views on this topic and for a lot of different reasons.
So I thought it would be interesting to bring on this topic.

Is abortion right or wrong? Should it be allowed?

Say if a teenage guy and girl with bright futures were having sex. Responsible sex. And against all odds a condom broke or she missed a pill. They take an emergency contraceptive pill to try to make up for this and against all odds again the girl still falls pregnant. Having no jobs and not necessarily wealthy parents, and succeeding well in school, keeping the baby would mean certain disaster for them both.

A foetus isn't sentient until at least 5 months into pregnancy and does not develop it's neocortex until around this time as well. This means that is not a true human, only becoming one, and that it is incapable of thinking and feeling any kind of pain until a couple of months before it's actual birth.

Many people may pose the argument that people should not be having sex if they're not prepared for a baby but I would also have to disagree with this. Sex and pregnancy are of course related but still exclusive to each other. Sex is most commonly had for pleasure without the intention of children. I think of course that the risks of sex should be addressed but in the case of pregnancy and the described situation, it turns into another situation of it's own
I do not see why the parent should be obliged to live with those specific consequences, just because they chose to have sex for pleasure, when there is an alternative.

Re: Abortion

I have a "heartless" view on abortion. I don't believe that anything is truly living until it has had the chance to think (until it has been born), weather it be sentient or not. And with this, I don't believe that you should have any attachment to a baby before it is born. However, I don't believe that you should abort a baby just to bury it. What's the point in that? If you have no emotional attachment (which you shouldn't) you should put it to use. I'm a firm believer of stem cell research.

I've asked people why they have attachments to they're babies before they're even born. The majority of them said that "It's part of them, they made it." I'll look in the toilet and tell you what I made, then we'll see who's attached.

But no, I don't like to think of abortion as a last option, I like to think of it as an opportunity.

i believe abortion is wrong what gives people the right to end someone elses life

Nitronic said:
i believe abortion is wrong what gives people the right to end someone elses life

Being the mother of that unborn/unhuman.

Nitronic said:

What if the girl was raped? How could she possibly want the child that she was FORCED into having?

GPow69 said:
Nitronic said:

What if the girl was raped? How could she possibly want the child that she was FORCED into having?

Agree.

It always depends what kind a situation is. Hard to explain, this subject is hard enough..

I believe abortion is wrong to certain levels,

For example like GPow said, If it's a "rape" baby then i believe she has the right to abort it if she doesn't want to be reminded of the rapist (Now who would wanna be reminded of a rapist? Horrible experience in my opinon)

Or if they won't be able to take care of it, Like no money no car etc (You don't birth a baby to let it starve :dry:)
If the girl of the baby has family why not give it to them or adopt it out if there's no other options?

Zezombia has somewhat of a sense of logic but that's his beliefs, I really believe killing a baby that is already made is wrong since it's already put into the process of life. GPow: ^I LOVE COOKIES

Actually GP it is an apostrophe because Zez owns his idea's :) And I think It's if the girl and boy want it, because technically it isn't living yet so it can't feel pain or think so really it's like killing a plant

^ That's kinda harsh, the way you say it.

[m=Mave]I removed several posts because they were totally off-topic. And you never go off-topic in the Serious Discussions forum.[/m]

Nitronic said:

With saying this, you also say that:
Your a veggy.
You don't eat plants either (they live too)

And some more of that.
Seriously, a baby of a couple of weeks old is not living LIFE yet.

If something no matter what it is, Is not able to think for itself, and still being developed, then there is no harm in destroying it, like a bug if you will.

fusty said:
I think abortion is wrong. It should be a crime think about it, What would be the difference between aborting the child and killing a fully grown person. NO DIFFERENCE.
If i got a girl pregnant and i could have a choice to get rid of the baby or let it ruin my life at such young age i would let it ruin my life.

66VsbouZSes[/media]&feature=related#normal]anti-abortion video

A ten weeks old child doesn't look like that at all (the video)

Saying abortion is wrong is a very hypocrite thing to say. Haven't you ever squashed a bug? Are you a veggy? You end other lifes with eating meat too. A 10weeks old child isn't much more then a bug or a plant, because it still isn't self-consiousness.

@ Snickers, a bug or a veggy is much different than a human being since we are the most complex organisms on our planet and as far as we know on our universe too.

Some bug or a veggy isn't important as the life of a human.

There's almost no excuse to abort a child, Just imagine if there wasn't abortion..Everyone would MAKE it work somehow or just adopt the child out to someone who can do so.

Nevertheless, It's a "no no" in my opinion.

Just consider this, Just imagine if this child was Bill Gates and made microsoft?
Just imagine if he was Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Edison and made things that would change the world forever?

Even if he was a regular person like anyone else it would still matter because every person can make a difference in the world.

@The people who believe abortion is right: Now just imagine if YOU got aborted, You wouldn't be here to post that it's right.

[TMS]Nimphious said:
Snickers said:
If I was aborted, I wouldn't know about my own existance anyways.

Hence you wouldn't care.

I didn't say that. If I think about myself being aborted, it just gives me.. a normal feeling.

Snickers is completely right. If the world ended right at this moment unexpectedly and we all died, none of the 6 billion people in the world would care a bit, because they wouldn't experience it - or anything every again - and they never knew it was going to happen.

I'm sure if I'm a 10-week old baby in the womb - never thought a thought nor breathed a breath before - I wouldn't even noticed if my life was ended. I would virtually, like Snickers said, be like a plant.

Now tell me what happens if every child on the world is aborted and no new babies are born,

What happens? Extinction. So obviously if everyone though abortion was right and did it, We would go extinct :wacko:

[TMS]FrostBytez said:
Now tell me what happens if every child on the world is aborted and no new babies are born,

What happens? Extinction. So obviously if everyone though abortion was right and did it, We would go extinct :wacko:

It's all about circumstances, however there are 6 billion people in the world like zezombia said.

Back
Top Bottom