Safari 4 Beta

Aman1238

#swag
What's new in Safari 4

Top Sites
Thanks to Top Sites, you can enjoy a stunning, at-a-glance preview of your favorite websites without lifting a finger. Safari 4 Beta tracks the sites you browse and ranks your favorites, presenting up to 24 thumbnails on a single page. You can even customize the display by pinning a favorite site to a specific location in the grid. That locks it into position, so you know just where to find it every time you open Top Sites.

Wonder which sites have changed since your last visit? Sites with a star in the upper-right corner have new content. A single click opens the page and updates its thumbnail. Whenever you want to return to your ever-evolving Top Sites page, just click the new Top Sites button in the bookmarks bar.
whatsnew-topsites-20090217.png

Cover Flow
New to Safari, Cover Flow offers a highly visual way of reviewing your site history and bookmarked sites, presenting full-page previews of the websites that look exactly as they did when you last visited them.

One look is all you need to recognize the site you want to visit. Simply flip through website previews in Cover Flow the same way you flip through album art in iTunes. Directional arrows let you browse forward and back. Or you can quickly flip through multiple sites using the slider. And when you find the site you want, simply click to open it.
whatsnew-coverflow-20090217.jpg

Its pretty cool IMO. But some of the stuff was stolen from Chrome :/.

Oh forgot the download link >.<
[url=http://www.apple.com/safari/download/]

I tested it and its ... ok .. nothing special.
Safari 4 seems to have the same philosophy like google chrom: stable and simple for the user, so extremely user-friendly. But Google's Chrom is better by far.

Not bad, It's actually pretty good. Google Chrome is NOT better than Safari 4.

I'm currently using this as my default browser :biggrin:

Definitely better then the previous version, I kinda like it, but it isn't worth for me to keep it installed, so uninstall :V

Mave said:
Definitely better then the previous version, I kinda like it, but it isn't worth for me to keep it installed, so uninstall :V
I just wanted to uninstall it, but before you can uninstall this thing, you need to update something, and this update forces a reboot. :angry:

Weird Remis, I just removed it :s
How did you remove it? I always do it with the programs folder thing where you can add/remove softw.
Did you do that or clicked an uninstall?

Mave said:
Weird Remis, I just removed it :s
How did you remove it? I always do it with the programs folder thing where you can add/remove softw.
Did you do that or clicked an uninstall?
There isn't any uninstall file.
Idk why, but it is working now with add/remove softw.

Weird :tongue: Maybe the process was still being used or something, anyway removed it, didn't like it that much ^^
Firefox ftw :T

This is cool, I have tried it and I still think that Opera 10 Beta is the best browser ever! I can't wait for the final release of opera 10 :)

Back
Top Bottom