Royal Antwerp Football Club

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I know most of you here don't give a rat's ass about football (I refuse to use the term soccer, we're not in 'murica), let alone a club in Belgium. But since I'm a huge RAFC (Royal Antwerp Footbal Club) I decided to create a dedicated thread anyway. I'd like to note that I didn't care at all for football before I met my gf, however her entire family was and still are strong Antwerp fans, it didn't take long for me to turn into a fan as well.

Royal Antwerp Football Club

Ou8olX9.png

Some facts:
  • The club was founded in 1880, it is the oldest Belgian football club, also the reason their club number is #1
  • Biggest rival is Beerschot, another footbal club in Belgium. In 1900, most of the players left the club for Beerschot, and this was the start of a long rivalry between both clubs, which is stil going on to this day. Beerschot fans are called "the rats".
  • Their stadium is the Bosuilstadion, and it has been their home since 1923. It was recently renovated and half of the stadium looks phenomenal.
fzMegyS.jpeg

xWmAlLe.jpeg

More recent picture showing Tribune #4 completed as well:

9tPeZjI.jpeg

The club is referred to as:
  • Royal Antwerp FC
  • Royal Antwerp Football Club
  • RAFC
  • Antwerp

Last edited:

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Some breaking news this morning: Antwerp is about to sign Radja Naingollan!

Translation:

Paul Gheysens has pushed for Nainggolan, who is on his way to sign on the Bosuilstadion for two years. The Great Old was looking for an extra midfielder and this one can count.

In the past Radja has said himself he was a Beerschot fan, since he's now signing at Antwerp, Beerschot (and their fans) won't be happy.

This guy was playing at Inter last season, exciting to see proper Belgian players come back to the homeland. (since, you know, most descent Belgian players are all in the Premier League / La Liga / Ligue 1 / Bundesliga)

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Welp we didn't win the last game, I was too disappointed to post the result.
Tomorrow night we're playing Omonia Nicosia (Cyprus) in the Europe League though, winning this would be amazing.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Welp we didn't win the last game, I was too disappointed to post the result.
Tomorrow night we're playing Omonia Nicosia (Cyprus) in the Europe League though, winning this would be amazing.
Fuck me, we lost 4-2. With the home advantage rule gone, we'll need to win by three goals. If we only have two goals more than Cyprus, we'll have to get extended time and possibly penalties.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Bummed that we lost yesterday against Olympiacos yesterday, in the 88th minute ffs. Fortunately Frankfurt-Fenerbahce ended in a draw, so nothing is lost yet.

rnilzU9.png

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yesterday was insane, winning home 4-2 against Genk. Saw the game with some friends in the stadium, madness.
Also the stadium was at max capacity for the first time (their license for the new tribune wasn't ready before)
We're now 3rd in the competition!

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yes, we won! Now still third in the championship.

yaqFVdJ.png

Last edited:

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Went to watch Antwerp vs Eintracht Frankfurt yesterday, the worst thing wasn't losing, it was the scum of our fans throwing fireworks at Frankfurt's goalkeeper... We're definitely going to get a penalty for that.

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Geez, it even hit the news... Man, the away match in Frankfurt is going to be... interesting.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Geez, it even hit the news... Man, the away match in Frankfurt is going to be... interesting.
One place I wouldn't want to be.

We played a lousy game against Ghent, but still won! Which means we're now ranked first in the pro league!

HEgeols.png

Top Bottom