[PS2/Xbox]True Crime - New York City (REALLY Old Game)

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
This is a fuckin' great game that most people don't know about. Basically it's like Grand Theft Auto, except you're a cop trying to get rid of crime in NYC (Instead of trying to cause it)

There are tons of weapons, and you can even dual wield (Like hold a pistol and an SMG or something). There's explosive weapons like grenades, RPGs and stuff.

One cool thing is that when you respond to a crime call (You hear it on the radio then you drive to the building and go in and take care of shit), you bust open the door and then you can go into a slow-motion mode and instead of killing the badguys, you shoot them somewhere like the leg or the arm to just keep them from running away, then you cuff them. (Or you can just kick the living piss out of them with your fists)

Another cool thing is that 95% of the buildings are actually enterable. You can go into apartment buildings at any time of the day, banks and stores are closed at night. Theres even music stores that you can go in and buy music that will be played on the radio when you're in a car.

Theres a bunch of side "objectives" like get in the street racing circuit and get to the top, when you finally get to the leader you arrest him. Theres also a few more, but the only other one I remember is the fight club.

This game really blew away san andreas in terms of graphics and things you can do, the graphics are great If I forgot to mention (Considering its a PS2/Xbox first gen game)

True-Crime-New-York-City-5.jpg

The white stuff on the road is actually reflection, and it behaves like a regular reflection on a wet road would.

They got the city perfect, copied nearly every single aspect of it. There's even garbage flying around in the wind everywere on the streets.

Here's a quick video of the gameplay

url]

He[/media]re's a good quality video of the game, I like this because it kinda shows how good the graphics are for such an old game

[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/video/chinatown-true-crime/8249]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/chinatown-true-crime/8249

If you have a PS2, Xbox, or the new versions of the two, I still highly reccomend this game. It was on the fine line between hard and easy, and the story itself is LONG, not a game you will finish in a few hours (*COUGH* MW2 Single Player)[/url]

Looks pretty great, I might get this for on my sis' PS3 :arrr:

Oh and the graphics are good;

925121_20060331_screen010.jpg

True-Crime-New-York-City-1.jpg

925121_20060331_screen005.jpg

LOL i have this game for years. My biggest complain is that there is some annoying glitches but afterall a good game to play as a cop :tongue:

Just too let you people know, there is a new true crime game coming (if I'm not mistaking)

Killer7 said:
LOL i have this game for years. My biggest complain is that there is some annoying glitches but afterall a good game to play as a cop :tongue:

Thats one fun thing about it

If you can get in the debug menu, there is SOO MUCH fun stuff you can do, you can even teleport yourself around the map, you can go noclipping, you can tune your car from the middle of nowhere and theres a ton more shit you can do. You can even change how much garbage is floating around, or the weather with the debug menu :tongue:

(Debug menu is really easy to get in:)

Debug Menu

To enable the debug menu, go to the pause screen, and go to the map/CompStat menu. At the menu, hold L1+R1, then let go of L1+R1 and hit right on the D-Pad, then hold L1+R1 right away(the last three steps must be done very quickly, within 1.5 seconds at the most).If done right you should have the music player up, and able to see the CompStat through the music player. When this is done, let go of L1+R1 and hit left on the D-Pad. This should bring you to the secret debug menu, where you can change most of the game's effects.

That is an epic game. I used to play it a lot in what... 2006/2007. And also enjoyed the old times in 2008 when I got NYC. Streets of LA and New York City are both epic. I think I'll be getting NYC though I once played the story I think.

I used to play this on my GameCube :V

The game was just great, played it for about 30 hours at least and the graphics were way better than any sandbox by the time. Too bad the game haves LOTS of glitches :/

Some glitches can get you killed actually :doh:

BTW this isn't a "REALLY Old Game", just wait a sec and i will get my Sega Megadrive/Genesis and play some awesome games :wub:

Really like this game truley great wish it was on pc

I sent Mave a link to download it on PC a while back, PM me if you want it. Its just like no more than 10 RS links, hopefully they are still alive :mellow:

Back
Top Bottom