Poll: Do you believe TheMaveSite is open, public community?

Do you believe TheMaveSite is open, public community?

• Total voters

Austin

Instead of an "unban poll for TheDarkness," which is useless anyway because he's gone, I would like to get a general idea of peoples views of what TheMaveSite is, or at least should be.

Mave said:
Okay anyone can register on the forum, but we're still a small, limited community (everybody 'knows' everybody), so that makes things just a little bit different.

Mave has already said that this forum is more user-centred rather than open; but asking the users: what do you believe?
Can a limited community grow if we're banning people who aren't so much as breaking a rule?
Or are we currently happy with the number of active users we have now?

I'd say it's open at some point. People can get in and get along with everyone without being known by the majority (VK, Agent___Whatever, Lover).

It's open to the public, and anyone is welcome until they're discovered to be 'unfit' for the community. This isn't a big corporation that has federal laws to abide to, Mave and the opinion of the community can decide whatever they want. INTERNET IS SRS BSNS!

So I'd vote somewhere in the middle. Yes this is a public community but it's user driven.

If it wasn't open to the public, it would have died a long time ago. People and their attitudes decide how long they last here.

Nimphiouus said:
If it wasn't open to the public, it would have died a long time ago. People and their attitudes decide how long they last here.
This. Its an open community however that being said, the main members are like the council, if something doesnt sit right with them, some sort of action is taken.

I voted for user-centered.

You just have to be one way or the other to be here, otherwize you'll end up as TheDarkness, who actually was an active user and liked this forum.

^ That's not true, not everybody ends up like that...
We also got luggi and lover as recently new active members and they don't annoy anyone.

Mave said:
^ That's not true, not everybody ends up like that...
We also got luggi and lover as recently new active members and they don't annoy anyone.

Fries got in as complete stranger aswell.

^ How could I forget Fries...
Anyway i think this prooves that you do have a realistic chance as a stranger here.

Back
Top Bottom