Microsoft Using PlayStation 3 Footage to Promote Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
As one of the most anticipated releases on the current-generation of home videogames consoles this year, last week’s launch of Final Fantasy XIII was unsurprisingly met with great commercial success. Available across western territories on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Square Enix’s latest release in the bloodline of the series which had earned them a reputation for delivering uncompromising Role-Playing Game (RPG) experiences was welcomed with open arms by owners of both systems. However, in the UK, the ongoing battle for format supremacy has surely taken Final Fantasy XIII as a casualty.

While the game remains available solely on PlayStation 3 in Japan, the UK release of Final Fantasy XIII has been much more widely publicised for the Xbox 360. Along with a number of bundle options including both the software and a console to play it on, television adverts and sponsored magazine coverage has often managed to conveniently forget that the game is also available on Sony’s PlayStation 3 – the system for which the game had originally been announced as an exclusive title worldwide. However, it appears that the additional publicity for the Xbox 360’s release of Final Fantasy XIII hasn’t gone without a hitch.
final_fantasy_xiii_3.jpg

As part of Microsoft’s continuing promotional activities for Final Fantasy XIII, a newsletter was distributed to members of the Xbox LIVE community last night. Offering up details on Square Enix’s RPG, the newsletter pointed interested parties to the Final Fantasy XIII page at the Xbox 360’s official website, xbox.com, where it seems an unfortunate mistake has been made. Though only distinguishable to knowing followers of the franchise, the trailer promoted on the page – through the use of Microsoft’s proprietary video delivery service, Silverlight, no less – is in fact comprised of footage taken from the PlayStation 3 release. Apparent through the use of Japanese voice acting (complimented by English subtitles) and text during the battle sequences, the trailer appears to be an expanded version of that used to originally unveil the development of an Xbox 360 version at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in 2008.
final_fantasy_xiii_2.jpg

With all this added exposure for the Xbox 360 version, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Microsoft’s format would be leading the race. However, this was revealed as not being the case in the first week of retail availability.

Source: Electronic Theatre

I'm happy for the Final Fantasy fans, but I never was into them, never even played one of them.

I forget which final fantasy game I have for PS2 but it was alright. :)

I have FF7 FF8 and gonna get 13 Love these games

Maffia171 said:
I wouldn't be to happy for the Xbox 360 guys, people say Final Fantasy XIII for the Xbox 360 looks like a PS2 version

Or just have like 10Discs and at some parts of the game it asks you to switch them... That would be the gayest thing ever for the Xbox...
Good think Sony thought about this before launching the console... With 50GB BluRay discs you would never have to switch them unless some kinda Next-NextGen console games are available for the PS3 lol

[RO]M1Rc34 said:
Or just have like 10Discs and at some parts of the game it asks you to switch them... That would be the gayest thing ever for the Xbox...
I hate it when people say these things without even having used it themselfs.
Switcing a disc, AH MAH GAD.
Imagine: I have to stand up walk ALL the way to my console and open the tray and change the disc somewhere half through the game.
See the pain, see the horror, this will be a great reason for me not to buy a xbox360.
Same thing as the power supply for the x360, it's heavy, not that nice. But why do you care? Do you plan to move your 360 all the time while you are gaming?

Impulse said:
[RO]M1Rc34 said:
I hate it when people say these things without even having used it themselfs.
Switcing a disc, AH MAH GAD.
Imagine: I have to stand up walk ALL the way to my console and open the tray and change the disc somewhere half through the game.
See the pain, see the horror, this will be a great reason for me not to buy a xbox360.
Same thing as the power supply for the x360, it's heavy, not that nice. But why do you care? Do you plan to move your 360 all the time while you are gaming?
Your stealing my sentence ;_;

Still, having to change the disk everytime gets pretty annoying. Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 = No disk swap
And FYI, i think Mirc had a Xbox 360, so he used it himself -_-

The disc swap is not that annoying o.O
With mass effect 2 you have 2 discs, but it's made in such a way you have to swap it as little as possible.
Same goes with FF I guess, and what is the problem with it actually? It's not like your console is 100m away >.>

Impulse said:
The disc swap is not that annoying o.O
With mass effect 2 you have 2 discs, but it's made in such a way you have to swap it as little as possible.
Same goes with FF I guess, and what is the problem with it actually? It's not like your console is 100m away >.>
25r13bk.jpg

I think this has been posted already, but I still agree with it XD

LMAO @ The pic... So true...

Maffia171 said:
And FYI, i think Mirc had a Xbox 360, so he used it himself -_-

Yea, I just hated that power brick... I mean my Xbox was on a tiny table ( to get airflowing not to get the RROD D: ) and I just couldn't put that thing anywhere D: Couldn't put it on the table cause it wouldn't have place. If I woulda've put it on the ground, it woulda've stayed in the air cause the cable was too short D:... I think it is much easier with 1 cable, no power brick and no other heating issues to worry about... Don't want to start a console war tho D:

Back
Top Bottom