Linkin Park Selects Emily Armstrong as Singer, Plots Tour and Album

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Linkin Park Selects Emily Armstrong as Singer, Plots Tour and Album

James-Minchin_240528_JM_SHOT_05_0150-RETOUCH_jpg_85.jpg

Linkin Park‘s new co-vocalist will be Emily Armstrong of the band Dead Sara, the band announced Thursday during a live performance event. Colin Brittain, a songwriter and producer for G Flip, Illenium and One OK Rock, will also join the group as a drummer.

The announcement came with a new single, “The Emptiness Machine,” the band’s first new music release in seven years, and the lead track for an upcoming album dubbed “From Zero.” The set will arrive on Nov. 15 (via Warner Records) as the group’s first full-length effort since 2017’s “One More Light,” which came out two months before the death of lead vocalist Chester Bennington.

Source and more: https://variety.com/2024/music/news...g-new-singer-from-zero-album-tour-1236120238/

Too bad she's a scientologist...

Linkin Park is coming back!
Neat! Curious to see what new music they're gonna make!

Dead Sara's Emily Armstrong as the new co-vocalist
Fuck yeah! Dead Sara is one of those "Man they're criminally underappreciated" bands that I really love! Yeah, her vocals can really add things!

She's a scientologist
FUCK
Dammit, I did not know that particular piece of trivia. Well, maybe she's just a cult victim, y'know? I mean, cults prey on people, doesn't mean she's a shitheel-

Apparently she defended convicted rapist Danny Masterson during his trial
Welp

I guess that "separate the art from the artist" is gonna have to do some really heavy lifting, huh?
Fuck. I really liked those Dead Sara albums. They're great driving music.

Neat! Curious to see what new music they're gonna make!

Fuck yeah! Dead Sara is one of those "Man they're criminally underappreciated" bands that I really love! Yeah, her vocals can really add things!

FUCK
Dammit, I did not know that particular piece of trivia. Well, maybe she's just a cult victim, y'know? I mean, cults prey on people, doesn't mean she's a shitheel-

Welp

I guess that "separate the art from the artist" is gonna have to do some really heavy lifting, huh?
Fuck. I really liked those Dead Sara albums. They're great driving music.
Sounds like she's destroying her voice to sound like Chester.
Although I don't hate it.

Nah, that's pretty much her voice. Check out Dead Sara's Monumental Holiday, it sounds pretty similar (except for the studio vs. live difference, obviously).

That's why I think she's a pretty good choice - she has that same clean/raspy dual vocal quality as Chester had. It's obviously different, but IMO that's not a bad thing. She's there to succeed Chester, not to replace and imitate him. Her bringing her own qualities is miles better than her limiting herself and forcing herself to sound a certain way.

Also, check out Sorry For It All if you're doubting her more "emotional" vocals.

Nah, that's pretty much her voice. Check out Dead Sara's Monumental Holiday, it sounds pretty similar (except for the studio vs. live difference, obviously).

That's why I think she's a pretty good choice - she has that same clean/raspy dual vocal quality as Chester had. It's obviously different, but IMO that's not a bad thing. She's there to succeed Chester, not to replace and imitate him. Her bringing her own qualities is miles better than her limiting herself and forcing herself to sound a certain way.

Also, check out Sorry For It All if you're doubting her more "emotional" vocals.
UPDATE: https://variety.com/2024/music/news/linkin-emily-armstrong-criticism-danny-masterson-1236135990/
She doesn't believe that mental illness is real.. I mean that's just kicking Chester in his coffin.

Yeah, honestly, that seems to be the case with a lot of people supporting Masterson, including the majority of the That 70's Show cast. They came in, said he was great guy, and that's it.
Fair enough, they were called as character witnesses, and I can understand that from their perspective, he must've seemed like a great guy.

Still, it all feels... icky, y'know? And yeah, that whole "mental illness isn't real" is just fucking disgusting. I mean, it is in general, but if you're someone who's succeeding a person who died from mental illness, it's just tone-deaf, to say the least.

Fair enough, they were called as character witnesses, and I can understand that from their perspective, he must've seemed like a great guy.
I think it's also a partial matter of disbelief. You've known the guy for decades and a part of you refuses to believe it's true.
but if you're someone who's succeeding a person who died from mental illness, it's just tone-deaf, to say the least.
I just don't get how the rest of the band approved?

This is going great...

Back
Top Bottom