'Joker' Sequel Officially in the Works with Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
'Joker' Sequel Officially in the Works with Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix

pJUPZj5.jpeg

Director Todd Phillips posted to Instagram the first confirmation that the sequel to 2019’s “Joker” is moving forward on Tuesday — including the cover of the script, written by Phillips and Scott Silver, his collaborator on the first film, with the eyebrow-raising title “Joker: Folie à Deux.”

In the same post, Phillips included a shot of star Joaquin Phoenix reading the screenplay.

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Phillips’ Instagram post.

Phillips’ original “Joker” film reframed the iconic Batman villain into an anti-hero character study about a struggling comedian and part-time clown performer named Arthur Fleck who becomes a folk hero in Gotham City after he lashes out in acts of shocking violence. Moody, dark and studiously avoiding the action beats typical of superhero cinema, the film was still a massive global blockbuster, grossing over $1 billion worldwide. It earned 12 Oscar nominations, including for best picture, best director for Phillips, and best adapted screenplay for Phillips and Silver. Phoenix won the Oscar for best actor and Hildur Guðnadóttir won for best original score.

Source and more: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/...lips-joaquin-phoenix-folie-a-deux-1235287471/

This better be good!

OK, I haven't seen the movie yet. I should, I know. But still.

Why?
I thought this movie was perfectly standalone? Why the need for a sequel?

Oh, who am I kidding. I know the reason, of course.

OK, I haven't seen the movie yet. I should, I know. But still.

Why?
I thought this movie was perfectly standalone? Why the need for a sequel?

Oh, who am I kidding. I know the reason, of course.
I agree that this is completely unnecessary, however they are already making it.. so now it better be any good.
Really wanna see The Joker get a crew and make some dough.

Back
Top Bottom