Hollywood studio MGM puts itself up for sale at $5bn

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Hollywood studio MGM puts itself up for sale at $5bn

t47nWmq.png

MGM, the Hollywood studio behind the James Bond and Rocky franchises, is up for sale with a price-tag of more than $5bn (£3.75bn).The studio has explored selling several times over the last few years, most recently in January when preliminary talks were held with Netflix and Apple among others, but price proved to be a stumbling block.However, the streaming wars continue to fuel huge inflation in the prices willing to be paid for must-have content, and proven global franchises are becoming increasingly scarce and as a result rocketing in value.

Sauce and more: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/22/hollywood-giant-mgm-puts-itself-up-for-sale-at-5bn

Anyone wanna chip in?

Anyone wanna chip in?

Ohhh, dammit, $5bn is just outside of my price range... Dammit, if it had been $4bn, I might've been interested.

I'm guessing the talks with Netflix and Apple will now also include Disney... Who wants to place a bet on which streaming site gets the rights to MGM stuff?

To be fair $5bn sounds low for an entire hollywood studio like MGM. Bond alone is at least a few billion.

Back
Top Bottom