Funny incident at work

GothicDrakanas

This happened a. Few months back now. I was patroling near 249 and 1960. And we get a call in from dispatch about guy on a building stealing their copper. They took the guys ladder away so open close case just have to arrest him. We get they and can't find him. Now it a larger strip center with Ashleys, peir1, petsmart, REI, golf galaxy, office depot. So me and my friendo up and we can't find anyone they assure us he didn't come down. So he hiding some where so we find a hatch that has been tamper with on the ashleys store. We look it and greeted by way to many people to count by now firetruck here for us to get them down but their to many so we call in for a transport bus. And then another.. there was 56 homeless guys living there and stealing the copper which is why peir 1 had a motion detecter installed on roof. We questioned ashley's manager how they didn't know. Apparently the only way into that area is via roof and it spands have the store. About the size of a school gym. Next time I'm in the area ill take a picture of the building.

Translation incoming.

Note: I have no idea what a 'copper' actually is, I assume it's something on the roof of a store.

This happened a few months back now.

I was patrolling near (route?) 249 and 1960 and we get a call in from dispatch about a guy on a building stealing their copper.
They took the guys' ladder away, so we only have to arrest him.

We get there and can't find him.
Now it is a larger shopping center with Ashleys, Peir1, Petsmart, REI, Golf Galaxy, Office Depot,... Basically a big complex.
So me and my friend go up and we can't find anyone, but they assure us he didn't come down. We knew he was hiding somewhere.

So we find a hatch near the Ashley's store, we look down it and we're greeted by WAY too many homeless people, at this time we didn't know how many.
At this time the firetruck has also arrived to get the people out. But there are so many that we have to call in a transport bus, and another one, and another one...
In total there were 56 homeless people living down there.
Some of them were trying to steal the copper.

Apparently Peir1 knew about the homeless people and had a motion detector installed.
We questioned the manager from Ashley's about how they didn't know.
Apparently the only way into that area is via roof and it spans over half the store. About the size of a school gym.
Next time I'm in the area I'll take a picture of the building.

// Now please GothicDrakanas, try to write like this :tongue:

Eeh ill just stop posting as I don't have auto spell/ grammer check on my phone. Copper is a metal used people steal it here a lot as it worth money to salvage and recycle place. And it not a rout (I probably miss spelled that) in texas they all highways, and interstates.

Back
Top Bottom