Everyone Who Bought EA's Tetris App Will Lose It On April 21

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Everyone Who Bought EA's Tetris App Will Lose It On April 21

As a further reminder that nothing you buy digitally is truly yours, everyone who paid to buy Tetris from Electronic Arts on iOS and Android will no longer be able to play it come April 21.

According to an announcement on the game's store page, the $1.99 game — which has been around since 2011 — will not only be retired and removed from the app store, but will also no longer work on devices it's installed on.

"We have had an amazing journey with you so far but sadly, it is time to say goodbye," the announcement said, going on to detail the game's coming demise before going on to say "We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of this game and we appreciate your ongoing support."

Source: https://www.thegamer.com/buyers-will-lose-ea-tetris-app-april/

Makes you realize that you only pay for a license to play the game, not the actual game. Pretty infuriating.

Yea, it's pretty much the same with Steam too, or any other DRM platform in fact. One of the reasons why something like GOG should thrive even more.

But also yay for Tetris not being EA's anymore!

Yea, it's pretty much the same with Steam too, or any other DRM platform in fact. One of the reasons why something like GOG should thrive even more.

But also yay for Tetris not being EA's anymore!
This is the main reason I only use Spotify to discover music, yet I still download all music I actually like.
(same for movies and TV series)

Back
Top Bottom