Chatbox :D

drumthrasher109

Oh yeah here it comes...

Why not add a little chatbox? You could probably find a plugin for SMF, or you can just put some HTML code into the description of a forum and go.

I prefer Proboards to SMF, it's so much freaking easyer to handle. You get direct access to HTML modification without uploading the whole script, same with images and themes etc. With SMF you have to upload the whole 30mb script to change like 1 picture.

no :tongue: just edit an image and upload it into the themes' image folder :tongue:

Yeah, Mave has you there. Proboards suck, doing it yourself is always better and easier. Proboards is like a ghetto place to have a forum.

Well smart ass, if SMF is so much better then maybe you could take the liberty in telling me where to place the HTML chat box code that's not in some stupid place like a board description.

Well jackass why don't you look for yourself. I never said SMF was great, I would never use it for one of mine, thats where phpBB3 or vB would come in.

Open index.template.php for this theme and look for the header area and edit accordingly.

You idiot. In case you can't understand English, I was pointing out that there is no place I could find to put it. SMF sucks.

What do you have against proboards? What, specifically, is wrong with it? I hope you have leaned English since your last post because specifically dosn't just mean "because it sucks".

Using a proboards one isn't really 'yours', its just a small forum to set up quickly if you need one really fast. I just like stuff that I can completely have control over.

Ok, lets forget about SMF vs. Proboards (anyone who knows about this stuff for real would know which one is better). Implementing a chatbox is easy.

Then show me how too.

"It seams that ProBoards has a hell lot more control over the forum for someone who dosn't own the source."

If that statement is not true, tell me. It has almost everything completely modifiable. You could pretty much make it into a smf forum if your good.

Hey, you the one who wants a chatbox. This is on topic. We're talking about how to put it in, and at the same time forcefully comparing SMF and Proboards and taking information we already know about both of them to figure out how.

Zezombia said:
Hey, you the one who wants a chatbox. This is on topic. We're talking about how to put it in, and at the same time forcefully comparing SMF and Proboards and taking information we already know about both of them to figure out how.
You got a point zez. :O

Like I said earlier, edit the index.template.php file for this theme that mave is using and find the header area, then paste the code in there.

What I would search for is the "Show unread posts..." area and paste the code there. OR, just get one of the couple chatbox plugins for SMF.

1) I can't find a header/footer place. If I did it would be done now.
2) I don't have the freaking template, mave does.

Zezombia said:
1) I can't find a header/footer place. If I did it would be done now.
2) I don't have the freaking template, mave does.

lol XD check this:

http://www.killaz4lifeclan.co.cc/test/index.php

:wink:

try registrating and you will see this:

29uzr4n.jpg

Then Mave has to do it, unless he can give you FTP access.

They also have chatbox plugins for SMF, I'm not gonna help you there because they are on the SMF website.

drumthrasher109 said:
Then Mave has to do it, unless he can give you FTP access.

They also have chatbox plugins for SMF, I'm not gonna help you there because they are on the SMF website.

well i will pm him instuctions :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom